• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat Recall Gone Wrong?

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I dropped off my FL5 to the closest dealer to me for the seat recall. I was told by the service advisor I am the first one to drop off them to do it. Hope the car come back to me ok around the middle of the week

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Considering the mishaps, I’d cover the back seat with a big beach towel then wrap it with plastic wrap or tape to hold the beach towel in place. If you’ve seen movers move furniture, then you’ll understand the technique I’m describing.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Reading this thread, even if my car was impacted by the recall (thank God it's not), I would just live with the squeak.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Reading this thread, even if my car was impacted by the recall (thank God it's not), I would just live with the squeak.
You might not live with the squeak in a crash. That’s the main issue with it.

Midori Garage

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG4, AP2, FL5
Does anyone have the actual TSB repair guide sent to the dealer? Cant be too challenging of a repair if it only pays so little hours.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Does anyone have the actual TSB repair guide sent to the dealer? Cant be too challenging of a repair if it only pays so little hours.
Its about a 3-4 hour job with the majority of time spent getting the seat in and out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
When the factory installs these seats with the robotic arms, it seems so fast and effortless lol

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Just got the car back from the dealership. Drove it around the corner to inspect for myself.

I was about to say things seems to be ok and head elsewhere for dinner. Then felt a strange lump as I touch the driver's side shifter panel. The trim was scuffed and I immediately returned to have it addressed.
11th Gen Honda Civic Seat Recall Gone Wrong? 20230605_181420

I expected this to happen prior to the dealer visit. I'll just head back whenever they have the trim ready.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Are these techs at the dealers merely disgruntled, or just don't give a flying fuck at all? I mean, how difficult is it to work on a car without damaging/scratching stuff up? Or if it's truly the result of an honest accident, be honorable and own up to it. I mean, you can't not know you made gashes in the panels. I don't understand.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Are these techs at the dealers merely disgruntled, or just don't give a flying fuck at all? I mean, how difficult is it to work on a car without damaging/scratching stuff up? Or if it's truly the result of an honest accident, be honorable and own up to it. I mean, you can't not know you made gashes in the panels. I don't understand.
Technicians tend to have a bad rep for these things done by the ones who know they're underpaid and are expected to service many vehicles as fast as possible with no incentive on performance.

From my experience, technicians tend to be... angry or miserable about how their performance and quickness in servicing cars is not incentivised with an already bad salary for the workload.

It's disappointing but doesn't justify a shitty job. I hate to sound snobby but you'd think they'd take care of what is known as the most expensive "Honda" badged car. Goes to show how everything is covered as well, some of them have tenure and just don't care anymore.

Any dealer employees on this forum want to chime in on this thread?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Just got the car back from the dealership. Drove it around the corner to inspect for myself.

I was about to say things seems to be ok and head elsewhere for dinner. Then felt a strange lump as I touch the driver's side shifter panel. The trim was scuffed and I immediately returned to have it addressed.
20230605_181420.jpg

I expected this to happen prior to the dealer visit. I'll just head back whenever they have the trim ready.
That sucks. Interested to know how the fix goes, though. Keep us posted. That panel is damaged on the passenger side of my car. Internal clip is broken. I’m pretty positive it was like that from the factory and not a fault of the dealer. I’m curious how long it takes to get the part and how easy/difficult it is to fix.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
That sucks. Interested to know how the fix goes, though. Keep us posted. That panel is damaged on the passenger side of my car. Internal clip is broken. I’m pretty positive it was like that from the factory and not a fault of the dealer. I’m curious how long it takes to get the part and how easy/difficult it is to fix.
When I take my sweet time later on, I found a few more spots that has new scuff marks, but not to the point that is considered a gouge like the side center console trim.

I'll report back when they are ready to replace the trim.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Man, I've been paranoid about car dealerships for like ages, you know? Trust issues going back two decades and counting. Nothing in this thread really shocks me, to be honest. It's like a broken record - every time they fixed something, bam, they broke something else in the process. Sadly, that's become the norm these days. Can't even rely on those snakes for oil changes; countless stripped bolts and missing clips over the years. That's why warranties never appealed to me. Couldn't bear the thought of some sloppy Joe tinkering with my whip. Can't blame a car lover for being cautious, right?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
There are highly skilled and competent Honda technicians out there so I don't want to make generalizations, but I'm not all that surprised by what's happening, especially with the Honda brand. As @007 stated, this is quite common and I've had many less than desirable dealership service experiences over the years. I'm now very intentional with how I engage with service departments and take more time to look over the car before I depart the dealership. It shouldn't have to be this way but it is, so you act accordingly.
Sponsored