• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I've had a couple southeast dealers call me telling me they have Type Rs available or deals have fallen through and they're all above 10k ADM. I think a lot of people are pulling out with the higher MSRP + ADM combo. 5k ADM still seems hard to get but anyone over 10k ADM seems to be having a harder time selling than they thought they would.
I can confirm that this is true spoke with 9 dealerships yesterday and every single one that had a higher than 10k ADM still had their car available.
Sponsored

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I can confirm that this is true spoke with 9 dealerships yesterday and every single one that had a higher than 10k ADM still had their car available.
Unless you want a Type R immediately and have money to burn, I think most people should be able to cop one at 10k ADM or below. The fact that this is already happening is a good sign for those who want to wait. I won't be surprised if 5k ADM is more regular in 3 months. I'm definitely sticking to 5k ADM or below now.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
dumb question here….if you are made to buy the accessory forged wheels, do you still get the OEM wheels in the trunk so you can purchase track tires or snow tires?
I think it would be an additional rip off if you did not get the original wheels…
Yes you only get the wheels, no tires or TPMS sensors. That’s part of the reason why the accessory wheels and the stock wheels are the same spec so that the tires can be swapped.
Dealers are going to charge for the tire swap if you decide to do it through them

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I've had a couple southeast dealers call me telling me they have Type Rs available or deals have fallen through and they're all above 10k ADM. I think a lot of people are pulling out with the higher MSRP + ADM combo. 5k ADM still seems hard to get but anyone over 10k ADM seems to be having a harder time selling than they thought they would.
If we keep it up we can probably all get them at MSRP in a few months

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
dumb question here….if you are made to buy the accessory forged wheels, do you still get the OEM wheels in the trunk so you can purchase track tires or snow tires?
I think it would be an additional rip off if you did not get the original wheels…

Dealer here do.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Damn… dealer greed has completely killed any excitement I had for the car.
I'd still be excited, it just might take 6-12 months to get the R at a reasonable price.

I'm not sure we'll see MSRP anytime soon given that basic Civics/Accords etc are often going for 2k ADM. Supply chain issues will need to stabilize and, unfortunately, the economy will likely need to tank a bit more for that. That said I think 5k ADM is going to become more than doable with some hunting and we'll see occasional MSRP sales with enough diligence.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I'd still be excited, it just might take 6-12 months to get the R at a reasonable price.

I'm not sure we'll see MSRP anytime soon given that basic Civics/Accords etc are often going for 2k ADM. Supply chain issues will need to stabilize and, unfortunately, the economy will likely need to tank a bit more for that. That said I think 5k ADM is going to become more than doable with some hunting and we'll see occasional MSRP sales with enough diligence.

Doable, is a personal choice. No way I am paying more than $500 over MSRP and that better include something.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I won’t be paying more than 50k otd for one. I’ll wait. I’ve been driving my 05 rsx type s for too long to get bent over by a dealer.
Sponsored