• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Anyone remember my screenshot of the salesman trying to sell me at 50k ADM? He just text me saying 25k-35k. All I can do is laugh lol
These dealerships act like they’re losing money selling these cars. I’m 100% fine with some sort of markup. Virtually everything has something now. But what kinda shit is “$25k-$35k”? That car would have been gone long ago for probably $10k-$15k.
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I guess they aren't really selling for the the 25+, at least not many. I am getting repeated calls from multiple dealers.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
I guess they aren't really selling for the the 25+, at least not many. I am getting repeated calls from multiple dealers.
Same, from a dealer in CA and one in AZ. Dealers that I contacted over a month ago and quoted $30k ADM.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I suspect that the higher MSRP and interest rate increases are making it so many people on their list can't afford it anymore. I hope to use this to my advantage whenever my dealer gets an allocation!

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Same, from a dealer in CA and one in AZ. Dealers that I contacted over a month ago and quoted $30k ADM.

I don't understand what they do not understand. I've probably talked to over 100 dealers and I told everyone of them I will only buy at MSRP even if that means I have to wait a year.

They keep calling me back with a "deal" when they lower the ADM.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I don't understand what they do not understand. I've probably talked to over 100 dealers and I told everyone of them I will only buy at MSRP even if that means I have to wait a year.

They keep calling me back with a "deal" when they lower the ADM.
Honestly bro you're like 1 of 25+ callers in their "recall" list. I'm fairly confident most of the time they don't remember anything you say and dont care about your MSRP or bust charade. They just keep trying because truthfully they never know what you'll say the next time.

Sometimes people are cray

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Honestly bro you're like 1 of 25+ callers in their "recall" list. I'm fairly confident most of the time they don't remember anything you say and dont care about your MSRP or bust charade. They just keep trying because truthfully they never know what you'll say the next time.

Sometimes people are cray

Make a note or something, Jesus. One sales guy has called me 3 times. I can't make it any clearer.

You'd think they'd be using sales force or something similar where all that is tracked.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I don’t understand what you don’t understand about negotiation. Going to start calling you single stack soon.

What don't you understand? I contacted each dealer once, when they tell me there is markup I say thans but no thanks and move on. I'm not rude or anything.

I have been when they repetitively calling me back though.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Worst thing that can happen by them calling you is that you don't buy the car.

So they are going to call you. They may know your answer at one time but that doesn't mean you haven't changed your mind. It's their job.

If you don't want them to call. Tell them not to call you anymore.

TeslaHonda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Perf
Just wait out the storm gents. Financial collapse is on the horizon and dealers will be desperate again. No one should be paying $1500 a month for a Civic.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Make a note or something, Jesus. One sales guy has called me 3 times. I can't make it any clearer.

You'd think they'd be using sales force or something similar where all that is tracked.
Salesforce? Lol. They're not that sophisticated or tight my friend. It's all part of the process. They keep calling once you engage them, this is how it works. If you don't want them calling you, don't engage to begin with or block the number. Not sure what to tell you. I honestly don't mind the calls. They may come to me at some point with MSRP + some reasonably priced "protection package" and I would take it. I wouldn't get that opportunity if I told them to not call me again. Just my two pennies...
Sponsored