• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Salesforce? Lol. They're not that sophisticated or tight my friend. It's all part of the process. They keep calling once you engage them, this is how it works. If you don't want them calling you, don't engage to begin with or block the number. Not sure what to tell you. I honestly don't mind the calls. They may come to me at some point with MSRP + some reasonably priced "protection package" and I would take it. I wouldn't get that opportunity if I told them to not call me again. Just my two pennies...
I answered and was honest about how much less of an ADM I am paying. Faint hope that letting them know they were asking too much helps the next guy get a better deal.
Sponsored

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Porsche 718 Cayman S 6spd
I've been told $20k by 2 dealers in Dallas/Ft. Worth (Honda of Denton, Honda of Grapevine). Consensus for DFW seems to be between $10-20k over.
Honda Denton actually got their first one in, a black one, a week or two ago and are (or were, sucker born every minute) asking $25k over.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Salesforce? Lol. They're not that sophisticated or tight my friend. It's all part of the process. They keep calling once you engage them, this is how it works. If you don't want them calling you, don't engage to begin with or block the number. Not sure what to tell you. I honestly don't mind the calls. They may come to me at some point with MSRP + some reasonably priced "protection package" and I would take it. I wouldn't get that opportunity if I told them to not call me again. Just my two pennies...

I've told them all, my offer OTD is $39,800 or $43,500 with the forged wheels. If they can do that call me and I'll wire them a 20K down payment and pick the car up the following day. I won't pay a penny more.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I've told them all, my offer OTD is $39,800 or $43,500 with the forged wheels. If they can do that call me and I'll wire them a 20K down payment and pick the car up the following day. I won't pay a penny more.
So now you won't even pay MSRP?

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
My bad, hit the wrong key on the cal.

Meant $49,800 and $53,500
Was gonna say these sales people making you so upset you're going the other way on the spectrum šŸ˜‚

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
MSRP is absolutely possible, but up hill battle even before reviews were released.
But now, the list at some msrp dealers is 20 deep.
So unless Honda, God bless their souls for creating the FL5 :bump:, decides to MASS produce the FL5, there won't be enough FL5s to go around the msrp dealers. Getting between 0 and 10k adm would be more realistic at this point. :respect::ninja:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'd say least the next 12 to 18 months finding one at msrp will be tough till they figure out this shipping.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I'd say least the next 12 to 18 months finding one at msrp will be tough till they figure out this shipping.

Agreed. That is why I just gave my offer to every dealer. If/when they decide to sell for MSRP I am a guarantied sale that is one 3 minutes phone call away.

Jigalo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i
If anyone is in Houston,

most dealerships have their cars on the lot. The cheapest is a black one at Russell and Smith - 13k mark up and 1.2K in addons.

Easy Honda is at 30k markup and wonā€™t come down and 6k in accessories.

community sold theirs at 10k markup.

Gilman Honda did a bid and itā€™s at 20k markup (this is prob a lie)

Sterling quoted me 10k markup then changed to 20k when I came in for paperwork. Final offer was 15k markup.

Big Star Honda - 20k donā€™t budge, just came in today though.

hope this helps somebody. I will only pay 10k markup and these dealers are calling each other to make sure they are on the same page (what my sterling rep told me on the price increase).

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If anyone is in Houston,

most dealerships have their cars on the lot. The cheapest is a black one at Russell and Smith - 13k mark up and 1.2K in addons.

Easy Honda is at 30k markup and wonā€™t come down and 6k in accessories.

community sold theirs at 10k markup.

Gilman Honda did a bid and itā€™s at 20k markup (this is prob a lie)

Sterling quoted me 10k markup then changed to 20k when I came in for paperwork. Final offer was 15k markup.

Big Star Honda - 20k donā€™t budge, just came in today though.

hope this helps somebody. I will only pay 10k markup and these dealers are calling each other to make sure they are on the same page (what my sterling rep told me on the price increase).
Collusion- yuck - has to be illegal somehow.
Sponsored