• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
What? Lol. I swear to God I wish there was some type of admin to ban any type of ADM talk or how much people are paying talk. It’s extremely old at this point. Hell yeah, I dropped $10k extra to drive this car to get it now and get the color I wanted, and people are dropping more than that. Just get the hell over it people.
This is the ADM thread lol but your reaction was mine too until I noticed that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Fair I just noticed too and deleted it. I’m lost as to which thread I’m on at this point. I just click shit hoping I find some info at some point lol.
Right there with you. Just saw another teaser from the all star Honda marketing team noting the fastest ever. Wondering if the ring record will be soon. Its sad that our board of rag tag enthusiasts know more than dealers or Honda customer service.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Right there with you. Just saw another teaser from the all star Honda marketing team noting the fastest ever. Wondering if the ring record will be soon. Its sad that our board of rag tag enthusiasts know more than dealers or Honda customer service.
“Nothing like you’re ever seen…” No shit, Honda. We can’t see them bc they’re all sitting in California.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
holy shit... if you have to get a loan longer than 60months, you probably shouldn't buy a new car.
Nah, some (including myself) manage cash flow risk knowing it will be paid off in 2-3 years. I only have to pay x over 6 years but in reality will pay it off much more quickly. I will be in the money on the car as long as I own it.

Ghostype_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo Fr-s, Rx8 -ls2 , 2017 camaro ss1le, 2017 Civic type R #1353
Stay strong don't budge! Ive had a few dealerships call me back cracking down on the price a bit.
Just a heads up, interest rates go up and the end of the month.
Demand destruction is taking place as we speak.
They will be forced to sell for msrp, banks wont be giving out loans easy in 23 year.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Stay strong don't budge! Ive had a few dealerships call me back cracking down on the price a bit.
Just a heads up, interest rates go up and the end of the month.
Demand destruction is taking place as we speak.
They will be forced to sell for msrp, banks wont be giving out loans easy in 23 year.
These will always be rare and sought after. The ordinary market drivers will have much less of an impact on R pricing.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
you don't need my permission to make shitty life choices.
No but we are glad you are so concerned. I almost want to finance for 7 years at the highest rate just to see your reaction lol.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
No but we are glad you are so concerned. I almost want to finance for 7 years at the highest rate just to see your reaction lol.
make it 10 years... and don't forget to take out a personal loan to put some money down too ;)

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Just a small update on the Southeastern VA sales front:

- 6 allocations within 30-45 mins from me
- 2 dealers remain unsold, one holding at 20K (CW) ADM and other 15K (SPG)
- others sold between $10K-15K over

****Both unsold allocations originally told me they had a 'long wait list' at $25K over and wanted $1K deposit to get on it (crazy how they can't sell those first allocations 😆)

****Two separate dealerships that sold at $10K ADM want deposits for their next allocation - both saying they expect 2 or 3 additional allocations in 2023. Both say I'd be number 1 in line but 'I need to hurry to lock in that $10K ADM before they go up' 😆.

This all leads me to believe it will not be difficult getting a Type-R under $10K ADM in my region in 2023. If the local allocation projections are correct, then the dealers will be competing for sales in 2023. I realize not every region in the US has that luxury - but I don't anticipate the 'extreme rarity' that others are preaching. I'm also aware of at least one 'sold' deal that fell through due to buyer not being able to get the loan. This was at a $15K ADM that then dropped to $10K to get a sale.

If my assumptions are wrong, and I don't get one for $0-5K ADM in 2023, then I'll order an RS3 or M2 once orders open for the 2024 model year. Local Audi and BMW dealers are currently offering MSRP deals on ordered cars with 4-6 month wait. My final fallback car is the IS500 - but trying to not have a gas gussler for the next 5+ yrs as my primary commuter.
Sponsored