• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm browsing the market for a CTR and found a Boost Blue at 6k over MSRP (straight ADM, no accessories). ADM stings but 6k looks lower than most other markups I've seen. Thoughts?
Where?
Sponsored

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Not saying they were, just thought it was interesting.

I finally just moved in to another car as I refuse to pay the markup. Finally got to drive a 2023 and that made my decision even clearer that it was MSRP or bust.
What about the ride changed your mind? Are you sure its not just the sour taste of having to pay ADM to own one?

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Unfortunately there is people that put up with all this crap, just because they want the car. That’s why dealers keep doing it and expect everyone else to comply.
There are people with money who happily pay the markup to own a remarkable car. It’s not crap to them, only crap to those who don’t want or can’t afford to pay it.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm browsing the market for a CTR and found a Boost Blue at 6k over MSRP (straight ADM, no accessories). ADM stings but 6k looks lower than most other markups I've seen. Thoughts?
6K over is nearly the lowest known in the forum regardless of color and State.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If that's your top color, I would just go for it. Pretty good deal in this environment. Maybe see if they'll toss in some accessories for free.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yup seems to be that way. I saw a few on the crowdsource tracker (cool ass idea!) for 5k, but it looks like all of those are sold.
I lucked out on a CW for $5k ADM, no accessories. Honestly I won't believe it until I've signed the paperwork and get it from the dealer. If you like Boost Blue, $6k ADM is a very good deal right now.

I'd be curious to see this calculated but, anecdotally, this second allocation seems to be selling consistently at around $10k ADM. Much above that and the car sits. Anything below $7k seems to be selling quickly.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I lucked out on a CW for $5k ADM, no accessories. Honestly I won't believe it until I've signed the paperwork and get it from the dealer. If you like Boost Blue, $6k ADM is a very good deal right now.

I'd be curious to see this calculated but, anecdotally, this second allocation seems to be selling consistently at around $10k ADM. Much above that and the car sits. Anything below $7k seems to be selling quickly.
Great deal, congrats! Make sure you post pictures when you get it :)

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
There are people with money who happily pay the markup to own a remarkable car. It’s not crap to them, only crap to those who don’t want or can’t afford to pay it.
If you wanna drop $55k-$70k on a Civic that's on you. Some people think it's worth it, some don't. At the end of the day. It's not our problem on how others decide how to spend their money.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I bought mine for MSRP and $9000.00 of accessories that includes the two big packages. I didn’t want to pay for a mark up. I believe most Hendricks Honda dealerships sell them that way at least they do in Franklin, TN.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I bought mine for MSRP and $9000.00 of accessories that includes the two big packages. I didn’t want to pay for a mark up. I believe most Hendricks Honda dealerships sell them that way at least they do in Franklin, TN.
You paid the markup.

The mental gymnastics people on this site do to justify paying 10k over MSRP horrifies me.

If you’re willing to pay it that’s one thing, but you guys trying to claim you didn’t are mistaken.