• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Lmao, these dealerships love to play games. I posted a few days ago about a dealer willing to give me 5k markup plus 2k accessories. I didn't want accessories and was pretty adamant. The sales guy said he was just throwing it out there and if I'd meet him in the middle with only 1k for accessories. I thought about it for the day and after they sent me the itemized list of accessories, I agreed to meet them in the middle on Friday. During the callback, they said they no longer could do that price and brought back the 2k for accessories. I told them no and left it at that. Today, they called me again and said they'll let it go to me for the price we agreed on. I was like cool, I'll call you guys later when I'm off work to sign the papers and put up a deposit. Called them later, they asked for the VIN of my SI that I'd be trading in and said they'd call me back in a few. The sales manager calls me back in 10 minutes and lets me know that they can't let it go for the price we agreed on and that the best they can do is 7.5k markup plus the 2k accessories.

LOL, this is Diamond Valley Honda in Hemet, CA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2010 Evo X
Lmao, these dealerships love to play games. I posted a few days ago about a dealer willing to give me 5k markup plus 2k accessories. I didn't want accessories and was pretty adamant. The sales guy said he was just throwing it out there and if I'd meet him in the middle with only 1k for accessories. I thought about it for the day and after they sent me the itemized list of accessories, I agreed to meet them in the middle on Friday. During the callback, they said they no longer could do that price and brought back the 2k for accessories. I told them no and left it at that. Today, they called me again and said they'll let it go to me for the price we agreed on. I was like cool, I'll call you guys later when I'm off work to sign the papers and put up a deposit. Called them later, they asked for the VIN of my SI that I'd be trading in and said they'd call me back in a few. The sales manager calls me back in 10 minutes and lets me know that they can't let it go for the price we agreed on and that the best they can do is 7.5k markup with the accessories.

LOL, this is Diamond Valley Honda in Hemet, CA
So a week going back and forth to land at $500 more than where you started? Lol, what a deal.

What accessories are included?

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
So a week going back and forth to land at $500 more than where you started? Lol, what a deal.

What accessories are included?
I edited my original post. They wanted 7.5k markup plus 2k for the accessories so 2.5k more than what we left off at previously.

Here's the accessories, no digital license for the price I was going to pay.
11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread 1000006224

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang, even worse than I thought. After that run around I'd probably be removing them from my tracker, lol

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Dang, even worse than I thought. After that run around I'd probably be removing them from my tracker, lol
If it takes more than 2-3 rounds of emails to receive an answer to "how much is the price of the car," then I bail because more than likely they're manufacturing bullshit to lure you in.

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it takes more than 2-3 rounds of emails to receive an answer to "how much is the price of the car," then I bail because more than likely they're manufacturing bullshit to lure you in.
Agreed. Or when they start manufacturing urgency by talking about incoming appointments like it means anything.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
I edited my original post. They wanted 7.5k markup plus 2k for the accessories so 2.5k more than what we left off at previously.

Here's the accessories, no digital license for the price I was going to pay.
1000006224.jpg

People paying those prices are fucking nuts and there are some that has paid that much lol

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda of Oakland just called me and said they are selling a CW for 8k ADM, and including wheel locks and clear shield in that price. They seem like they are ready to finally get it out of their showroom so there could be an opportunity here to take them lower.

(510)761-7747
Ask for Ricky

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
I kind of hope they call me back in a few days and say they'll agree on the original price again. Then I'll be like oh, that ship has sailed, but I'll take it off you hands for 2.5k markup 🤣

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Since we're on this topic, might as well name and shame. Here's how my first conversation with Diamond Valley Honda ended with the original sales manager I was working with. Lol "don't have a beautiful day" This was my first conversation before all the accessories talk I've been posting about.
11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread 1000006233
11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread 1000006234

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
lmao..these sales people really be salty as hell when you don't agree to pay their ridiculous prices..
There was a sales person from mossy honda in lemon grove ca that got all butthurt that my wife and I wouldn't agree to his 20k adm back in April. He randomly texted my wife 2 weeks ago asking if we were still waiting for our FL5 allocation with a laughing emoji at the end. Sent him a screenshot of our deal sheet/invoice showing we paid around 52k otd and he stopped responding:lol:

Those accessories are also trash, I used to work at a dealership for 8-9 years so I know how much dealers make on the back end on those "accessories"

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Since we're on this topic, might as well name and shame. Here's how my first conversation with Diamond Valley Honda ended with the original sales manager I was working with. Lol "don't have a beautiful day" This was my first conversation before all the accessories talk I've been posting about.
1000006233.png
1000006234.jpg
A period thrown in would go a long way.

One of the saddest parts of this process to me is how all but a few people I've communicated with care enough to form coherent sentences. I either get spammy auto emails every day or single line garbage grammar and spelling emails/texts back from an actual person. A few times they've called me by the wrong name. I've bought 2 new cars in less than a year and it was the same thing. I get they're busy but I can't imagine doing this at any place I've ever worked. They expect $10k over yet can't even take the time to communicate effectively or get my name right?

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A period thrown in would go a long way.

One of the saddest parts of this process to me is how all but a few people I've communicated with care enough to form coherent sentences. I either get spammy auto emails every day or single line garbage grammar and spelling emails/texts back from an actual person. A few times they've called me by the wrong name. I've bought 2 new cars in less than a year and it was the same thing. I get they're busy but I can't imagine doing this at any place I've ever worked. They expect $10k over yet can't even take the time to communicate effectively or get my name right?
All while they rave about their incredible customer service.

Deleted member 42932

I was at DCH Honda of Mission Valley yesterday and here is the quote I got for the Boost Blue CTR. The sales guy gave me the typical sales pitch on how limited the car is and the previous two CTR they had sold at 20k above MSRP. He said the best he could do was remove the cost of the Perma Plate. They offered me a low ball trade in of 13k for my one owner 2019 Civic Sport coupe with 36k miles and has been dealer maintained.

11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread 20230712_142623

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
I was at DCH Honda of Mission Valley yesterday and here is the quote I got for the Boost Blue CTR. The sales guy gave me the typical sales pitch on how limited the car is and the previous two CTR they had sold at 20k above MSRP. He said the best he could do was remove the cost of the Perma Plate. They offered me a low ball trade in of 13k for my one owner 2019 Civic Sport coupe with 36k miles and has been dealer maintained.

20230712_142623.jpg
If you're willing to wait, I would check out Escondido. They do 10K markup, which includes a couple grand of accessories. They sold it the day I called them.
Sponsored