• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
$199 for NITROGEN? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can tell you right now that Nitrogen is BS as we have one of those machines at my job and there is no special tank or filter that makes it pump Nitrogen. $1495 for LoJack? Who the hell even uses that anymore?
I know, right? I was literally laughing when I saw what was in their "Dealer Select" package or whatever they call it. I hope like hell no one pays for that shit.
Sponsored

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
The worst part is you are paying to have them rip apart your brand new car for the privilege of having that over priced crap installed. Iā€™d prefer just to pay a markup and leave all the crap off so they donā€™t f up my new ride

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
$199 for NITROGEN? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I can tell you right now that Nitrogen is BS as we have one of those machines at my job and there is no special tank or filter that makes it pump Nitrogen. $1495 for LoJack? Who the hell even uses that anymore?
78% of our air is nitrogen...

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Contacted Bisbee Honda of Danville in VA about a SGP FL5 they have on the lot. They said it was pre-sold at $7k ADM but it could be mine for $10k ADM since the paperwork isn't signed yet. Gross.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Contacted Bisbee Honda of Danville in VA about a SGP FL5 they have on the lot. They said it was pre-sold at $7k ADM but it could be mine for $10k ADM since the paperwork isn't signed yet. Gross.
That is so bad. Wow. Gross is an understatement. I call that straight fd up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Maybe it was a sales tactic. How long was it on the lot?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, thatā€™s trashy vibes regardless if it is just a sales tactic and not actually presold. Good sign to stay away from that dealership.

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Got a fun one.

Found a CW in transit to Russ Darrow Honda in Milwaukee, WI so I hit them up.

Sales rep Dwight asks if I'm set on a Type R or would a Si suffice. I respond with Type R. He responds that they have one in transit estimated to arrive in July. We continue to proceed and I'm sent an initial pricing proposal. There was a $500 protection film package that was non-negotiable, but I was willing to eat the cost if the price was right.

I am informed that the price of the vehicle is UNDER MSRP. Big red flag. We go back and forth a couple of emails and he asks if I'm ready to put my name down to reserve it. I respond and explicitly ask what the price of the vehicle is, any mandatory accessories, etc. Basically the price before tax, title and license before committing. At this point, the $10k ADM magically appears in his response with the claim that they are "the only dealer in the state and 1 out of 7 in the entire country with one."

I respond asking why the ADM was not disclosed up front or on the pricing proposal, only when I was just about to commit and try to lower the ADM since it would give another forum member the opportunity to buy since I am firm on MSRP. I get the cookie-cutter sales tactic of "this is our best we can do" with a lower ADM and it's still scummy.

I restate my question on why I was being blindsided with the ADM at this moment when I asked for pricing way earlier in the email chain.

Their response, verbatim: " had you come IN when the vehicle arrives it will be ADVERTISED ON THE ADDENDUM "

So a bait-and-switch? Great. Could've saved us a dozen emails by just stating it up front and me saying no.

I responded to their FOMO/scarcity claims with info from Motoring Obsession and and Steven Matchett's Type R finder tools/sites, even offering to provide VINs.

They can get fucked.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
Got a fun one.

Found a CW in transit to Russ Darrow Honda in Milwaukee, WI so I hit them up.

Sales rep Dwight asks if I'm set on a Type R or would a Si suffice. I respond with Type R. He responds that they have one in transit estimated to arrive in July. We continue to proceed and I'm sent an initial pricing proposal. There was a $500 protection film package that was non-negotiable, but I was willing to eat the cost if the price was right.

I am informed that the price of the vehicle is UNDER MSRP. Big red flag. We go back and forth a couple of emails and he asks if I'm ready to put my name down to reserve it. I respond and explicitly ask what the price of the vehicle is, any mandatory accessories, etc. Basically the price before tax, title and license before committing. At this point, the $10k ADM magically appears in his response with the claim that they are "the only dealer in the state and 1 out of 7 in the entire country with one."

I respond asking why the ADM was not disclosed up front or on the pricing proposal, only when I was just about to commit and try to lower the ADM since it would give another forum member the opportunity to buy since I am firm on MSRP. I get the cookie-cutter sales tactic of "this is our best we can do" with a lower ADM and it's still scummy.

I restate my question on why I was being blindsided with the ADM at this moment when I asked for pricing way earlier in the email chain.

Their response, verbatim: " had you come IN when the vehicle arrives it will be ADVERTISED ON THE ADDENDUM "

So a bait-and-switch? Great. Could've saved us a dozen emails by just stating it up front and me saying no.

I responded to their FOMO/scarcity claims with info from Motoring Obsession and and Steven Matchett's Type R finder tools/sites, even offering to provide VINs.

They can get fucked.
I think some dealers forget that the internet exists.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I think some dealers forget that the internet exists.
Exactly. Had a MD dealer with a $20k ADM go into the whole "We have one of the only ones in the country.." bullshit. Yeah, sure buddy. That is why I have talked to like 20 dealers that have them available on the lot or in the next weeks just in the past 2 days (no good deals though...).

callmedh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
A dealership in the Atlanta Georgia area has a championship white coming in. MSRP + $5000 ADM + $1144 accessory package that they put on every car on their lot. So yes, there is a markup, but it seems to be less than what everyone else is seeing. Call Joe Headley at 404-784-1150 and tell him David sent you.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
A dealership in the Atlanta Georgia area has a championship white coming in. MSRP + $5000 ADM + $1144 accessory package that they put on every car on their lot. So yes, there is a markup, but it seems to be less than what everyone else is seeing. Call Joe Headley at 404-784-1150 and tell him David sent you.
thanks for posting this. Iā€™m sure someone from here will be on that, and hopefully it is that straightforward because thatā€™s a good deal.
Sponsored