• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle: 2022 Civic SI

Total tuned time: 5 Months

Tuned miles driven:

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 and Stage 1+

Fuel used:
93 Octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI, Intercooler, Charge pipe, PRL downpipe, DC Sports Front pipe and catback, 27won air snorkel.
I was thinking about getting the 27Won air snorkle. How are you liking it? Worth the investment?

AB_22Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I was thinking about getting the 27Won air snorkle. How are you liking it? Worth the investment?
To be perfectly honest I don’t think it’s that much of an improvement. If anything it causes temps to rise faster because it blocks about half of the radiator from airflow. I does look cool though

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
I have a question about the Phereable 1.5 Race maps.
Apologize if off topic.
If one buys the 91 Octane tune, are there still advantages in using 93 or higher Octane ?

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It can't hurt and will certainly give you more consistently lower knock control numbers.
I see. I thought it was the 93 Octane option that will also work on 91 Octane gas but with higher knock control and reduced timing.
I thought the 91 Octane option will not see any improvements if higher octane was used.
Would that mean the 91 octane tune will also give better performance numbers when higher octane fuel is used?

Or to put it differently, what's the advantage of using the 91 Octane tune with 91 octane fuel?
Wouldn't it be just as if using the 93 octane one, since it also will result in same knock control issues?

Sapphire_fe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX 1.5T sedan
Vehicle: 2022 Civic ex (cvt) (no paddles)

Total tuned time: 10 months

Tuned miles driven:
10k (tuned at 3k)

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V2

Tunes used: Pheareable 1.5t Non-Si

Fuel used:
91 Octane + e85

Additional related mods: PRL Intercooler, 27won rmm (60a), muffler and resonator delete

Issues: none

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I see. I thought it was the 93 Octane option that will also work on 91 Octane gas but with higher knock control and reduced timing.
I thought the 91 Octane option will not see any improvements if higher octane was used.
Would that mean the 91 octane tune will also give better performance numbers when higher octane fuel is used?

Or to put it differently, what's the advantage of using the 91 Octane tune with 91 octane fuel?
Wouldn't it be just as if using the 93 octane one, since it also will result in same knock control issues?
If you're seeing .49 knock control with your 91 octane gas on your 91 octane tune, you're golden. If you're seeing some elevated k.c. numbers --- 93 (or a gallon of E85 per tankful) will stabilize knock control and give you more consistent power. Remember, not all 91 is created equal.

Some thoughts:
The 93 octane tune likely has different fueling and timing for more power.

You can use quality 91 gas with the 93 octane tune by adding 1-1.5 gallons of E85 per tankful to up the octane.

93 octane gas for the 91 octane tune will not produce the same power as the 93 octane tune, just more stable knock control.

Last edited:

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're seeing .49 knock control with your 91 octane gas on your 91 octane tune, you're golden. If you're seeing some elevated k.c. numbers --- 93 (or a gallon of E85 per tankful) will stabilize knock control and give you more consistent power. Remember, not all 91 is created equal.

Some thoughts:
The 93 octane tune likely has different fueling and timing for more power.

You can use quality 91 gas with the 93 octane tune by adding 1-1.5 gallons of E85 per tankful to up the octane.

93 octane gas for the 91 octane tune will not produce the same power as the 93 octane tune, just more stable knock control.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Got it now.
The requirements for the 93 Octane tune were clear to me but I thought higher octane was still recommended for the other one.

ImmutableIcarus

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport CVT
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Sport Sedan (CVT)

Total tuned time: 3 Months

Tuned miles driven: 3500

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: KTuner 2.0 N/A Base Tune

Fuel used: 93 Octane

Additional related mods: PRL High Volume Intake (HVI), Megan Racing N1 Exhaust

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Fun & Sporty Driving

Tuning experience notes: Really Makes the car feel sporty, although it’s not built as a performance engine, I get plenty of complements and love from everyone. Best investment hands down, I love everythingabout it and my car has no issues whatsoever!
11th Gen Honda Civic The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3157

Last edited:

zcsix

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 3 Weeks

Tuned miles driven: 1200 Miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, Mostly Map 1 & 2 Clutch slips a little in high gears on Map 3

Fuel used: Sunoco 94 Octane

Additional related mods: No additional mods

Problems/issues: Clutch slipping on TSP Stage 1 Map 3 which is to be expected.

Driving style: Mostly Highway 70-90 MPH, Couple of 60-110 Pulls here and there.

Tuning experience notes: Should be the first mod you do; the second mod should definitely be an upgraded clutch.

11th Gen Honda Civic The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 1706667218439

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
so here is mine:

Vehicle: 2023 Civic Type R

Total tuned time: 5 months roughly

Tuned miles driven: 4500

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata flashpro

Tunes used: My own custom tune

Fuel used:
93 oct

Additional related mods: PRL intercooler

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Spirited driving / track days

Tuning experience notes: Most important mod

11th Gen Honda Civic The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_3091