• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
looks good, and what I was expecting/hoping for! No red stripes on the wheels or body trim!

Never thought about it, but I like the spoiler being black and not body colored.
It may not be black, but possibly carbon.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can assure you, Honda didn't use Carbonfiber.
And you know this how exactly? People thought that Mitsubishi wouldn't use real carbon on the spoiler for the Evo 8 either. People never thought Toyota would produce a Corolla with a carbon fiber roof either.
Just sayin' that it's a possibility, however slight it might be.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Why do people keep saying that? You should be saying, Honda finally went back to the styling that made ALL the Type Rs, before the transformer praying mantis FK8, so incredibly popular. It looks good.
Its hard get a whole mental picture because it isnt at the best angle and it looks different with the camo (which is the point of it) so we all have different imaginations of what it'd look like. Either way it doesn't really matter because I want it regardless.

Last edited:

vtec_bhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Love it. Can't wait to see it in person.

I'm good with the outgoing FK8 and its craziness but I'm happy Honda have went back to relatively clean lines just like old Type R's.

Now do I sell my FK8 for this FL5? I'll let the dust settle and then decide. And this may end up being a £40k car...

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
And you know this how exactly? People thought that Mitsubishi wouldn't use real carbon on the spoiler for the Evo 8 either. People never thought Toyota would produce a Corolla with a carbon fiber roof either.
Just sayin' that it's a possibility, however slight it might be.
Honda doesn't have a factory to mass produce carbon like some manufacturers. Even the Type R LE had zero carbon parts. Only Honda with carbon is the NSX Type S which costs 13k extra for little bits of carbon.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda doesn't have a factory to mass produce carbon like some manufacturers. Even the Type R LE had zero carbon parts. Only Honda with carbon is the NSX Type S which costs 13k extra for little bits of carbon.
I mean if it's only the spoiler blade that's carbon, you don't need your own factory to produce it. Just contract it out like they do for other parts like the brembo calipers, prior gen CTR recaro seats, etc. I mean the car is not going to be produced in mass numbers either.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I mean if it's only the spoiler blade that's carbon, you don't need your own factory to produce it. Just contract it out like they do for other parts like the brembo calipers, prior gen CTR recaro seats, etc. I mean the car is not going to be produced in mass numbers either.
Honda made nearly 50 thousand FK8's. I wouldn't call it limited. I can assure you, they'll make just as many and most likely more. Honda isn't Ferrari.

Orveezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2020 Toyota Supra
I'm also a bit underwhelmed. It's probably because of how the photo was taken. I don't think the angle shows the increased fender size. The front side air curtain exit is hidden because of the white on white color as well as the hood vent.

I get it, I too wanted a tamer design aesthetic over the FK8 but this angle makes the FL5 look like a regular civic with HPD accessories. Great for sleeper status. :/

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda made nearly 50 thousand FK8's. I wouldn't call it limited. I can assure you, they'll make just as many and most likely more. Honda isn't Ferrari.
You misunderstood what I meant, didn't think I had to dumb it down, but it is the internet...
What I meant by limited production, is when compared to other Honda models. So 50k CTR's produced from 2017-2021 is rather limited when comparing to the production numbers of all other Honda models produced in that same time span with the exception of the NSX.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
You misunderstood what I meant, didn't think I had to dumb it down, but it is the internet...
What I meant by limited production, is when compared to other Honda models. So 50k CTR's produced from 2017-2021 is rather limited when comparing to the production numbers of all other Honda models produced in that same time span with the exception of the NSX.

you can call it whatever you want but more than 10k a year isn't limited by any means.
Sponsored