• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

toastyJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Can't wait to see what the aftermarket produces for the Wing 'blade' seeing as it connects to the risers via some bolts.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Well based off of what we know about production numbers in other countries, all signs point to the new CTR not being as "mass" produced as the previous gen.
And if you think Honda makes a ton of profit per each CTR sold, than I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.
Literally every single type r in the us sold over msrp and very quickly yes they do make a profit they dont make the car for fun

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
The fk8 crowd on civicx is already showing their jealousy of the new and improved. I don't blame them, they think "polarizing" is the new glam word for ugly. But this always happens on foruns when a updated model comes out.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
The fk8 crowd on civicx is already showing their jealousy of the new and improved. I don't blame them, they think "polarizing" is the new glam word for ugly. But this always happens on foruns when a updated model comes out.
It’s just how everyone is. Everyone who doesn’t like the FL5 will keep their FK8 and everyone who wants an FL5 wills sell theirs and get an FL5. Some like polarizing style some like mild style. The FK8 and FL5 are on the opposite spectrum styling wise so you will get every opinion under the sun about which is better. It’s like the PH scale FK8 is acidic as fuck and the FL5 is basic as shit lol.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Honestly bro I like the type r for its overstyling if I wanted a tame looking fast hatchback the faster Golf R exists, the RS3 exists. If this is the same car but just looks more tame like the german cars but with way worse interior then what's the point? I understand being older and wanting a tamer car but those cars literally already exist. This is coming from someone that wants to trade in for the FL5 but if the only difference is that it looks tamer, I literally won't care. I'm 22 and it was a hassle dealing with Honda dealers to buy this car because they treat it like they have a SF90 on the lot. I personally have seen dealers in the northeast selling these cars claiming it was a better option than the M2 Comp and marking up to $60k. While you can just walk into BMW and buy a car at or around sticker. Honda dealers suck and if all they have to offer is the same car as the fk8, but more toned down, and smaller/wider wheels then what's the point; I will wait until all the details are out but heading into a recession I do not think this car will sell well. That's just my opinion on the matter. I would like to hear yours

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
A car can look over styled but still look good. Like Lambos because the design has a purpose and cohesiveness. Problem with FK8 for me is that back, front and side looks like it was designed by a different team that never talked to each other and glued them all together at the end. Mishmash of all different idea that just don't work together. This new Civic looks cohesive and best of all, none of that fake vent crap. Just a serious bit of kit the same way the e46 M3 looks. Clean and purposeful.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
A car can look over styled but still look good. Like Lambos because the design has a purpose and cohesiveness. Problem with FK8 for me is that back, front and side looks like it was designed by a different team that never talked to each other and glued them all together at the end. Mishmash of all different idea that just don't work together. This new Civic looks cohesive and best of all, none of that fake vent crap. Just a serious bit of kit the same way the e46 M3 looks. Clean and purposeful.
That’s the great thing about opinion. I love the way the FK8 looks (I wouldn’t have bought it if I didn’t). It’s overstyled and looks amazing to me and I can’t be in the minority since 48 thousand of them sold.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
I'm hoping the official release looks better and offers more, but I think it's best to reserve judgement until then tbh

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
if I wanted a tame looking fast hatchback
Subjective.
with way worse interior
Subjective.
This is coming from someone that wants to trade in for the FL5
Your previous two remarks suggest otherwise.
I personally have seen dealers in the northeast selling these cars claiming it was a better option than the M2 Comp
That is quite literally their job.
While you can just walk into BMW and buy a car at or around sticker.
Which BMW was this?
I will wait until all the details are out but heading into a recession I do not think this car will sell well. That's just my opinion on the matter.
I would like to hear yours
Again, your previous remarks suggest otherwise.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I see the appeal of the fk8 front. And i would buy a type r just for. Type r. But the fk8 rear is what kills it. If I had an fk8 I would always reverse in so I don't have to look at the back. And at my age being a 90s Era driver, I couldn't imagine being seen in ricer fk8 pulling up to job or family event 😐

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Great looking car can't wait to get to drive it!
Sponsored