• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It was over 200.00 dollars cheaper than the dealer and yes I believe it was in stock FYI.
Also myself personally I was more comfortable dealing with a reputable dealer like PRL so even at a few 100 dollars elsewhere less it wasn’t worth it to me.
Definitely buy wherever makes you comfortable, but for the record, the e-comm dealers I'm referring to are reputable. They are affiliated with or are actual Honda car dealerships with an e-comm footprint online. A good portion of the folks on this forum buy from them, myself included. Fisher Honda in Boulder, CO is dba All Discount Parts. Germain Honda of College Hills in Wooster, OH is dba as College Hills Honda Parts & Accessories - 100% legit.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Actually it does look good!

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Definitely buy wherever makes you comfortable, but for the record, the e-comm dealers I'm referring to are reputable. They are affiliated with or are actual Honda car dealerships with an e-comm footprint online. A good portion of the folks on this forum buy from them, myself included. Fisher Honda in Boulder, CO is dba All Discount Parts. Germain Honda of College Hills in Wooster, OH is dba as College Hills Honda Parts & Accessories - 100% legit.
I didn’t mean that they weren’t reputable it’s just I was just more familiar with PRL and heard good things about them. Evidently they ship fast to less than 8 hours after my order and it’s on the way. But as far as dealers it’s really a matter of luck also. I had a new 23 Toyota Tacoma TRD lifted and ordered a TRD factory skid plate from A Toyota dealer out of state. They sent me a used/return with scratches on it bent bolt and hardware missing. Some bolts were even rounded off from having a wrench on them. It looked like someone tried to install and didn’t know what they were doing and returned it.Long story short they ended up sending me a new and payed for shipping to and from for both. Anyway even if it’s a manufacture dealer you’re not safe.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

TheFactor

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Sport 6MT, 99' Civic hatch

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
looks great! But that logo on the bottom.. not sure about that.
I asked about that as well. They told me they felt a need to logo theirs because the quality was so much higher than the generic carbon fiber wings on eBay/etc. The logo is nicely done and most will never notice it but one could argue that they could have made it more discreet.

Atom3S

First Name
BO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, Evo8, Habu Miata, 2007 exige, 2016 4C, Atom3S
I got the copy from Ikon, the standard grayish color matches the sonic gray of the car well. Overall finish is about 8/10, fit 7/10- the end plate that sit on the driver side bracket is not flush and requires 1/32” washer to make it works. Hence the much smaller screw head of the accompanying hardware. I chose to use the stock hardware.
why the new wing ? LOOKS !!!. I don’t do track day with the car. This is my DD, it will not see speed high enough to affect performance of the wing.
if I keep the stock wing, painting it to match the car color would have been my option, I dont like the black color.
Ideally, I would prefer a wingless FL5. As soon as a wing delete kit is available, the wing is coming off.
I think the car looks good with it but who’s kidding who, it is a ticket magnet

Phenom3030

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
Build Thread
Link
Well … too good to be true, part not available and they canceled my order :(
Yesterday I placed the order and today received an email that says Order Status has changed to "in progress".

Did your order make it that far before they canceled it?

FoxtrotLima5

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Yesterday I placed the order and today received an email that says Order Status has changed to "in progress".

Did your order make it that far before they canceled it?
My order was cancelled 5 minutes after ordering

“ Hello Andrew. Our apologies, But the part that you ordered (08F02-T60-100) is unfortunately not available at this time. Due to the lack of availability, the order has been cancelled and the pending charge has been voided. You will not see a credit, but the pending charge will drop off within 3-5 business days”
Sponsored