• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Throttle House Type R comparison video

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I did go to see one, to me it’s not worth the extra price over mine. At the end of the day I’m happy Honda made both of them, so everyone can pick what they want.

70ED30AD-C528-4048-83D8-35B0A9B962A5.jpeg

What would you say abt the FL5 that makes it not worth the price increase?
Sponsored

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
What would you say abt the FL5 that makes it not worth the price increase?
The main issue is the ADM, I think this car’s MSRP should be around 42k because a golf R is 44k and it’s AWD. Mechanically the FL5 is very similar to my FK8, and I paid 41500 out the door for mine. To me dropping 20k over mine (with ADM) it’s not worth it. Like savagegeese stated, the car is not worth more than MSRP.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The main issue is the ADM, I think this car’s MSRP should be around 42k because a golf R is 44k and it’s AWD. Mechanically the FL5 is very similar to my FK8, and I paid 41500 out the door for mine. To me dropping 20k over mine (with ADM) it’s not worth it. Like savagegeese stated, the car is not worth more than MSRP.
So you actually don't have an issue with the car, the car and the ADM aren't the same thing.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
So you actually don't have an issue with the car, the car and the ADM aren't the same thing.
The issues I have with the car itself are, it’s size on the outside but it did not feel bigger in the inside. It’s too toned down for me, and the Performance still remains to be seen how much actual improvement there is.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Here's my take on FK8 VS FL5, ADMs and Limited numbers aside

FK8
She's got a face for radio but shes incredible in bed. The problem is you can't bag her so you just get in and you're along for the ride, and its a phenomenal ride.

FK8 LE
Same chick, she's lost a bit of weight, tighter, learned a few new tricks but still a butter face, and she's only asian now (I'm asian deal with it).

FL5
She's the girl next door, nothing special, thicc in the right places. She's just as good in bed as the butter face, but she's significantly easier on the eyes. The only thing thats off about her, to some, is her weird, out of character, tramp stamp.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The issues I have with the car itself are, it’s size on the outside but it did not feel bigger in the inside. It’s too toned down for me, and the Performance still remains to be seen how much actual improvement there is.
Ok makes sense.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
type R's didn't look retarded till the turbo models first launched. They've always been understated and better for it. EK9 will always be a classic.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Here's my take on FK8 VS FL5, ADMs and Limited numbers aside

FK8
She's got a face for radio but shes incredible in bed. The problem is you can't bag her so you just get in and you're along for the ride, and its a phenomenal ride.

FK8 LE
Same chick, she's lost a bit of weight, tighter, learned a few new tricks but still a butter face, and she's only asian now (I'm asian deal with it).

FL5
She's the girl next door, nothing special, thicc in the right places. She's just as good in bed as the butter face, but she's significantly easier on the eyes. The only thing thats off about her, to some, is her weird, out of character, tramp stamp.
Very funny.
Sponsored