• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I mean you did upgrade the rims with car purchase, you didn't buy it separate. If I walked into any other dealership like Ford, and wanted to upgrade to 22" black rims, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give me the stock wheels and rims, nor wohld i expect it. Not sure what all of you think business should be run differety bc you bought an overpriced civic? Buy the forged rims separately, I bet you won't even get tires for the same price you paid.
Dealer accessories aren't upgrades, that's why they're called accessories. When you buy a dealer sweatshirt, do they ask for the one you're wearing?
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Happy ending!

Another manager called and said I could pick them up. Thanks to everyone's support on this one and shout out to Autonation for coming around and providing a very fair deal on an FL5 in this crazy market.

parts.jpg
Glad you persisted with it, good job!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Happy ending!

Another manager called and said I could pick them up. Thanks to everyone's support on this one and shout out to Autonation for coming around and providing a very fair deal on an FL5 in this crazy market.

parts.jpg
:dance:

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Dealer accessories aren't upgrades, that's why they're called accessories. When you buy a dealer sweatshirt, do they ask for the one you're wearing?
Weird comparison but I'm just use to the common practice when you buy a car from a dealer and it comes with upgraded wheels or you opt to have them installed, i don't expect for the originals in my trunk to go home with. But hey, If op gets his back or compensated then I'll take that into account so when I buy upgraded wheels in the future, i can get them installed for free as well 👍.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Weird comparison but I'm just use to the common practice when you buy a car from a dealer and it comes with upgraded wheels or you opt to have them installed, i don't expect for the originals in my trunk to go home with. But hey, If op gets his back or compensated then I'll take that into account so when I buy upgraded wheels in the future, i can get them installed for free as well 👍.
I think some carmakers offer wheel upgrades, and plenty of dealers will keep the originals if you don't demand them.

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
The only thing I'll also say, that red leather accessory shift knob appears to be the same from the 10th gen. That thing stands too damn high IMO, I love the aluminum tear drop knob and happy Honda kept it from the factory.
Now that I have both shifters I can confirm they are the exact same height so I believe the aluminum tear drop knob appearing shorter is just an illusion.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Thanks for posting OP!

I have a '22 Si and I have been extremely happy with it, especially the way it gets around turns.

I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts about how the Si and the Type R compare handling-wise. Does the steering feel different at all? More feedback/quicker ratio? Do the springs feel much stiffer?

Basically, is it an Si with big tires and way more power or is there more to it than that?

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Thanks for posting OP!

I have a '22 Si and I have been extremely happy with it, especially the way it gets around turns.

I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts about how the Si and the Type R compare handling-wise. Does the steering feel different at all? More feedback/quicker ratio? Do the springs feel much stiffer?

Basically, is it an Si with big tires and way more power or is there more to it than that?
Not too much to add since the original post. Handling wise the Type R is sharper and more planted/stable in all modes. Steering feels more refined and has more weight across the comparable modes with R+ feeling a little over the top. I will say with the Si being lighter and narrower body/tires it did feel a bit more playful in lower speed, tight corner scenarios.

With the suspension, comfort mode in the Type R felt a bit softer than the Si to me but I know there's some conflicting opinions on this. Bottom line is I prefer the Type R's comfort setting for my daily commute over the stock Si. It's not plush by any means but improved imo.

There are more improvements over the Si that go beyond power and wider tires but they stand out for sure (others include brakes, suspension, handling/stability, seats, clutch, electronics, no rev hang, exhaust, interior materials, hatch utility, presence...to name a few).

In all honesty, if the US got the Canadian version Si, had a stronger clutch (stock is absolute weak sauce) , better brakes, no rev hang, and maybe 50 more reliable hp/torque, the decision to move up would have been much more difficult to justify.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
There are more improvements over the Si that go beyond power and wider tires but they stand out for sure (others include brakes, suspension, handling/stability, seats, clutch, electronics, no rev hang, exhaust, interior materials, hatch utility, presence...to name a few).

In all honesty, if the US got the Canadian version Si, had a stronger clutch (stock is absolute weak sauce) , better brakes, no rev hang, and maybe 50 more reliable hp/torque, the decision to move up would have been much more difficult to justify.
Type R has no rev hang at all? Or just less? That's a huge plus I hadn't thought about.

I lived with the rev hang in my Civics, like I live with having bad knees.

AndrewWooten

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Not too much to add since the original post. Handling wise the Type R is sharper and more planted/stable in all modes. Steering feels more refined and has more weight across the comparable modes with R+ feeling a little over the top. I will say with the Si being lighter and narrower body/tires it did feel a bit more playful in lower speed, tight corner scenarios.

With the suspension, comfort mode in the Type R felt a bit softer than the Si to me but I know there's some conflicting opinions on this. Bottom line is I prefer the Type R's comfort setting for my daily commute over the stock Si. It's not plush by any means but improved imo.

Ok, thanks.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
The rev hang on the 11th Gen Si is minimal to non-existent, IMO.
Sponsored