• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Throttle House Type R comparison video

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Just looked on cargurus.com:
Search parameters: Nationwide, Civic Type R , clean history, under $ 40K, under 40,000 miles.

Just one popped up:

AB 2018, 29,000 miles, clean history. $ 34,950.

So rare but out there. And that was just one website.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Just looked on cargurus.com:
Search parameters: Nationwide, Civic Type R , clean history, under $ 40K, under 40,000 miles.

Just one popped up:

AB 2018, 29,000 miles, clean history. $ 34,950.

So rare but out there. And that was just one website.
You can go to cars.com and can easily find FK8s for under $30k. The prices that are posted are never accurate, and are there to just bait people. Its the same with the FL5 CTR. There are tons of FL5 CTRs going for $43k on the website.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I (also biased) agree. 35k-ish for a used FK8 or 50k+ at the moment for an FL5. Seems like a no-brainer to me to save the money unless you REALLY hate the way the FK8 looks.
A LOT of people hated how the FK8 looked. It was very polarizing and something that I personally could not get over.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
A LOT of people hated how the FK8 looked. It was very polarizing and something that I personally could not get over.
On the flip side a lot of people also loved the way it looked which is why they were selling like crazy throughout production. If the FK8 didn't sell well I don't think there would be a FL5. People may gravitate more to the FL5, but that has yet to be determined cause I'm hearing a lot of people talk about how boring it looks. It was mainly media people complaining about it's looks, but people who actually own the car including myself can tell you people compliment the car every time I take it out.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I love the looks of my black FK8, it looks different from everything else n the road unlike the FL5

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
If it can break necks while still looking clean to fellow car enthusiasts that's a win.

Getting compliments from random people at the gas station isn't something I'm personally looking for. The car should be respected in the community and sadly the FK8 was a joke to a lot of people because of the styling. If you compare the comment section of car websites the FL5 launch vs. the FK8 launch it's radically different.

It's cool if that's what you like. Just me and lot of other people thought the FK8 was too much. I'm glad there is an option for both types of people.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Lol broā€¦ drive an FL5 down the road, look at how many people are breaking their necks, then tell me it looks like something else on the road. GTFO šŸ˜‚
I wasnā€™t referring to otherā€™s peoples opinions. Itā€™s MY opinion. I donā€™t care about whoā€™s looking at my car. To me the FL5 looks like a 60k Civic sport hatchback with a generic ebay wing. So GTFO!

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I wasnā€™t referring to otherā€™s peoples opinions. Itā€™s MY opinion. I donā€™t care about whoā€™s looking at my car. To me the FL5 looks like a 60k Civic sport hatchback with a generic ebay wing. So GTFO!
If a 60k Civic sport hatchback with a generic ebay wing is what makes for a better car than the FK8 than I guess it is what it is šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Tell me you havenā€™t seen one in person without telling me you havenā€™t seen one in person.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
If a 60k Civic sport hatchback with a generic ebay wing is what makes for a better car than the FK8 than I guess it is what it is šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Where you find these wings on ebay, btw? Asking for a friend šŸ˜‚

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I needed a new car when the FK8 launched but couldnā€™t get over the gundam, transformer looks. No matter how well it drives. I drove my semi beater rsx for years holding out for Honda to tone down the CTR and they did.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Tell me you havenā€™t seen one in person without telling me you havenā€™t seen one in person.
I did go to see one, to me itā€™s not worth the extra price over mine. At the end of the day Iā€™m happy Honda made both of them, so everyone can pick what they want.

11th Gen Honda Civic Throttle House Type R comparison video 70ED30AD-C528-4048-83D8-35B0A9B962A5
Sponsored