• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
We now have a preliminary tune for the Honda Civic Si utilizing our FlashPro system. We are continuing to test and develop our 11th gen Civc products, so If you have any questions feel free to ask.

11th Gen Honda Civic Tuned 2022 Civic Si - Hondata FlashPro - CARB Pending - Big Gains!!! 22 Civic Si baseline vs preliminary tune

Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Per the request of the OP, this thread has been reset. Let's try again. Stay on topic. If you want to discuss something in private, use a PM. The new thread button is also easy to find, if needed. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
We are in the process of putting miles on this car and gathering data. The takeaway from this dyno chart are the large gains in torque and power everywhere. We picked midrange values to highlight as these are in your everyday driving range. We will share the data as we gather it and expect to dyno again in about 2 weeks.

We do this scientifically, changing one thing at a time. Our dyno charts are typically comparisons minimizing variables making results more repeatable, which is what you need when tuning. We often quote percentage differences as this can accurately be repeated on other dynos if variables like air and coolant temps are controlled.

We made more torque than displayed here (over 270) but dialed it back as the clutch was starting to slip. Clutches take at least 500 miles to bed in. We made this dyno at 80 miles. So, watch this space as we share what we learn. That way you can make the best tuning decisions for your ride.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Although I have no real interest in getting an 11th gen Si for myself, I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. Especially true for seeing how a finalized "canned tune" for the 11th gen may compare to those for the 10th gen. The direct comparison between the 10th and 11th gen Si power curves was very informative. Even keeping in mind the lack of a complete clutch bed-in, if the clutch was beginning to slip at ~270lbft, I suppose it is safe to say that the clutch design/capabilities has not changed much, if at all, and is still a limiting factor as before.

Keep up the good work, guys. Every test paints a more complete picture about this car. Great stuff.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
We are in the process of putting miles on this car and gathering data. The takeaway from this dyno chart are the large gains in torque and power everywhere. We picked midrange values to highlight as these are in your everyday driving range. We will share the data as we gather it and expect to dyno again in about 2 weeks.

We do this scientifically, changing one thing at a time. Our dyno charts are typically comparisons minimizing variables making results more repeatable, which is what you need when tuning. We often quote percentage differences as this can accurately be repeated on other dynos if variables like air and coolant temps are controlled.

We made more torque than displayed here (over 270) but dialed it back as the clutch was starting to slip. Clutches take at least 500 miles to bed in. We made this dyno at 80 miles. So, watch this space as we share what we learn. That way you can make the best tuning decisions for your ride.
It would be nice to do 10th gen comparison mod-for-mod in your charts. I'd like to see what you guys got with the 10th gen on 93oct with just a tune.

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
Turn off VSA and run some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times please and ty. Post here and then we can all laugh at the fake news media together. ???

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
Is Honda still using the same weak clutch on this new generation?
That clutch is very weak. I couldn't stand it because with just a little power, it needed to be changed. The TypeR's clutch is way better. It still doesn't slip even after 345whp/374wtq (dynojet).

Brendan

First Name
PwPSi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
That clutch is very weak. I couldn't stand it because with just a little power, it needed to be changed. The TypeR's clutch is way better. It still doesn't slip even after 345whp/374wtq (dynojet).
Any ideas how much it would cost to upgrade the clutch? Assuming a cool $1k?

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
How do you know? Did you already test the new clutch system in the Si?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
The car will stay stock as we test out the calibration and assess the turbo and other engine characteristics.
I have questions:
With all this extra torque, how well does Honda’s VSA handle the wheel spin?
What are the knock and boost limits?

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
How do you know? Did you already test the new clutch system in the Si?
I owned the 2019 Si and .traded it in after just 2 months. I didn't test the system but Hondata just staded that the clutch was slipping with those whp levels.
Sponsored