• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R "In the Wild" Sightings

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Probably the lighting in combination with the phone settings like auto white balance. Have to see it with my own eyes to confirm.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
yup...only 2 we haven't seen. i really think black will end up looking great
Love black on the FK8 and how it sleeks out a lot of the 'action' in the styling. The less overdone trim/plastic bits on this new model looks more pleasing when contrasted with lighter paint imo.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
yup...only 2 we haven't seen. i really think black will end up looking great
I expect it to look downright menacing. Could be the color that people are sleeping on (though I’m guilty, too, being committed to Champ White).

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I expect it to look downright menacing. Could be the color that people are sleeping on (though I’m guilty, too, being committed to Champ White).
you could kind of compare the wide/stance to an f80 m3, and black in the f80 is incredible

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I like how much lower the new car looks. I bet if there are stark differences in the NĂĽrburgring time, a lower CG likely contributed. If not, it looks a bit sleeker to me regardless, which I'm happy with

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
The FK8 looks like a dinosaur. This aligns with my own personal experience; when the 11th gen first hit dealerships, I went to check them out. One happened to be parked nose-on with a new 2021 FK8, allowing me to compare them directly in person. The new car is so much lower, longer, and leaner than the 10th gen. It's really striking in person.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
This side-by-side really shows how sleek the FL5 looks...and how noisy the FK8 looks

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Wow black is amazing. I knew it would be.
Sponsored