• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R OEM look pnp dash cam (also works with other models)

LouisianaR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Hello all, I thought a few of you would appreciate this. I now have these in all of my vehicles, super easy to work with and they look OEM. The install took about 10 minutes, uses a plug from the upper light panel behind the mirror, and produces pretty good video. The camera has a memory card and a phone app and records sound. Unfortunately I’ve sold the car so I do not have any video to show from it, but there examples on YouTube.

You can purchase the exact kit at this link

https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-2022-honda-civic?sca_ref=3642912.sxCI0108VG

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R OEM look pnp dash cam (also works with other models) IMG_6828

11th Gen Honda Civic Type R OEM look pnp dash cam (also works with other models) IMG_6830
Sponsored

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I had this in my M340i and will probably get it for my FL5. I think it's the only cam that looks OEM and concealed.

Why did you sell your FL5?

OP
OP
LouisianaR

LouisianaR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I had this in my M340i and will probably get it for my FL5. I think it's the only cam that looks OEM and concealed.

Why did you sell your FL5?
The driver seat was just a tad too narrow and was causing back pain from driving. I loved the car outside of that!

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
The driver seat was just a tad too narrow and was causing back pain from driving. I loved the car outside of that!
I see, too bad. The seat is a bit tricky. I'm 5'10" and 155lb, and I had to fuss with it quite a bit to get it to be comfortable, even if I'm an "average" size. What car did you get to replace it?

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Hello all, I thought a few of you would appreciate this. I now have these in all of my vehicles, super easy to work with and they look OEM. The install took about 10 minutes, uses a plug from the upper light panel behind the mirror, and produces pretty good video. The camera has a memory card and a phone app and records sound. Unfortunately I’ve sold the car so I do not have any video to show from it, but there examples on YouTube.

You can purchase the exact kit at this link

https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-2022-honda-civic?sca_ref=3642912.sxCI0108VG
Oh wow, that OEM look is great. Thanks for the info. I'll keep these in mind.

OP
OP
LouisianaR

LouisianaR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I see, too bad. The seat is a bit tricky. I'm 5'10" and 155lb, and I had to fuss with it quite a bit to get it to be comfortable, even if I'm an "average" size. What car did you get to replace it?
I am building a whipple single cab F-150

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
One of the biggest reasons I installed my Blackvue dual last year was because of the parking mode and cloud feature. If not using that feature, then this looks like a quick and clean install.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
One of the biggest reasons I installed my Blackvue dual last year was because of the parking mode and cloud feature. If not using that feature, then this looks like a quick and clean install.
Can you elaborate on the parking mode?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Parking mode uses your car's battery or an optional external battery to allow the camera to safely continue recording while your car is turned off. I assume other cameras just allow recording while the car is turned on but I'm not entirely sure since I've only used blackvue cams myself.

OP
OP
LouisianaR

LouisianaR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Parking mode uses your car's battery or an optional external battery to allow the camera to safely continue recording while your car is turned off. I assume other cameras just allow recording while the car is turned on but I'm not entirely sure since I've only used blackvue cams myself.
I believe the Fit is capable of parking view, but has to be wired a specific way that is not the plug and play route.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There is front and back on this right? I need a quality peep now that my car has been targeted once.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Can you elaborate on the parking mode?
Simple setups have the dashcam(s) active only when the car is on. Some models have available parking mode where the camera stays active when the car is off and will keep recording when triggered by motion or impact detection, and send real-time notifications to your phone. Blackvue probably makes the best dashcams, if you're looking for parking mode and cloud connection reliability. I also replaced the stock battery with a beefy Odyssey AGM one to weather the repeated charge/drain cycles.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
They sell either just the front, or front and rear. If you want parking monitoring you have to buy the hard wire kit.
What does the rear camera look like and how does it keep the OEM look in the back? Does it fit in the bottom of the rear window or top? Is it in the center, right, left of the window?
Sponsored