• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

vs GR Corolla

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
How different is the seating position between the two? Which one did you prefer?
Sponsored

landyman71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 LR 110, '02 996TT, '91 300SE, '65 356C
How different is the seating position between the two? Which one did you prefer?
I preferred the position of the CTR's mainly because the GRC seat felt relatively high at its lowest setting. But definitely was not a dealbreaker as I got used to it quickly. The CTR seat was lower for sure. Neither position was uncomfortable or painful, but coming from a lower car that's something you need to get used to a bit more for the GRC.

The seats themselves to me were equally comfortable and both had significantly better bolstering than my 996T.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Nice comparison thanks! I hope the next GRC is a little bigger, although I have to buy in summer 2025 and it probably wonā€™t be out by then. If the GRC didnā€™t have a gimped back seat I might buy it over the Type R since itā€™ll be a New England car.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
2024 GR Corolla Circuit Edition gets a new color.

It also gets 18" BBS wheels, and that's about it. Not bad but it's still 3rd on my list behind the ITS and CTR. I wont' buy this gen GRC but I hope the next gen ups the usability and the interior quality, that's the only thing holding it back imo.

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla MY24_GR-Corolla-Circuit-Edition_001

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
A GRC would be best in black. This way it hides the body shape :p

Glad it exists though as it provides enthusiasts another option that is quite unique from other models.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm back to 50/50 on GR Corolla vs CTR/ITS. I like that the 2024 Circuit Edition comes in blue and gets the Morizo wheels. It looks really good now, and while I love the CTR's GT car look, it doesn't look like a hatch.

You do get a free track day but it's not like a Toyota event (like Cadillac and some others offer), it's just a free NASA track day ($200 value?).

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla MY24_GR-Corolla-Circuit-Edition_001

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla 2024-toyota-gr-corolla-circuit-edition-blue-flame

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I'm back to 50/50 on GR Corolla vs CTR/ITS. I like that the 2024 Circuit Edition comes in blue and gets the Morizo wheels. It looks really good now, and while I love the CTR's GT car look, it doesn't look like a hatch.

You do get a free track day but it's not like a Toyota event (like Cadillac and some others offer), it's just a free NASA track day ($200 value?).

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla 2024-toyota-gr-corolla-circuit-edition-blue-flame

11th Gen Honda Civic vs GR Corolla {filename}
The last NASA track weekend I did had two groups each day that were just for the GR owners getting their free track "day". Each group only got 2 sessions. Kinda lame. I'd expect at least one full day (4 sessions). Oh well. Not that it would keep you from buying the Corolla but figured it was worth mentioning.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The last NASA track weekend I did had two groups each day that were just for the GR owners getting their free track "day". Each group only got 2 sessions. Kinda lame. I'd expect at least one full day (4 sessions). Oh well. Not that it would keep you from buying the Corolla but figured it was worth mentioning.
thank you, that would keep me from going actually. My track helmet is a Snell 2000 so Iā€™d have to buy a new one, not doing that for two 20 minute sessions!

Iā€™m guessing it was a lot of cars per group as well? Toyota should run their own track day like everyone else does.

nearest track for me would be Watkins Glen (scary barriers) or New Jersey (which looks really nice). My wife would have very limited tolerance for track days so I would rather do the Subaru winter driving school. šŸ˜†

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
thank you, that would keep me from going actually. My track helmet is a Snell 2000 so Iā€™d have to buy a new one, not doing that for two 20 minute sessions!

Iā€™m guessing it was a lot of cars per group as well? Toyota should run their own track day like everyone else does.

nearest track for me would be Watkins Glen (scary barriers) or New Jersey (which looks really nice). My wife would have very limited tolerance for track days so I would rather do the Subaru winter driving school. šŸ˜†
I'd be too scared to take my street car to Watkins Glen. NJMP on the other hand would be a blast. Absolutely love Lightning. And the best kept secret about that place- between the two tracks there is a pub with a pool out back to cool off at after the day is done.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'd be too scared to take my street car to Watkins Glen. NJMP on the other hand would be a blast. Absolutely love Lightning. And the best kept secret about that place- between the two tracks there is a pub with a pool out back to cool off at after the day is done.
By Lightning do you mean VIR? I'd love to drive that someday. My favorite track of the 5 or 6 I did was Mont Tremblant in Canada. It's like a mini Spa.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
and a Civic Type-R is still a Civic to the public much like a GR Corolla.
Actually I have had people ask 'what is that?' about my FK8.
That might not be the case so much with the GR Corolla.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I cannot believe the 2024 GRC still doesn't have a center armrest. Maybe the 2025? I can't buy til 2025 anyway.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Unfortunately very true.
If that was truly the case, my stock FK8 would not get the attention it does. I have even had people literally ask what it was. So not everyone other than Honda fans or knowledgeable enthusiasts automatically sees it as 'just a Civic'.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
After spending a bit of time with a GR Corolla in for suspension/alignment set up, and having test driven it. I can wholeheartedly say that the FL5 is a significant step ahead. The FL5 trumps it in each and every aspect; the interior quality, the LogR and drive mode features, the gearshift feel, the steering feel, the seating position, the engine characteristic, the way the suspension and handling dynamic behaves, all the way to the practicality standpoint and subjective visual appeal. The ONLY thing the GR Corolla has up its sleeve is the AWD aspect, but realistically it serves no purpose on track and ultimately does not make it any better or more engaging to drive. In todays day and age, it is admirable that Toyota (or any manufacturer for that matter) are still creating these low volume sports cars, so I appreciate the very existance of these great cars. But in the company of the FL5, the GR falls short.

I don't recommend anyone passes judgement until they've driven one - but once you do, you'll know what I mean.

FL5>GRC

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
After spending a bit of time with a GR Corolla in for suspension/alignment set up, and having test driven it. I can wholeheartedly say that the FL5 is a significant step ahead. The FL5 trumps it in each and every aspect; the interior quality, the LogR and drive mode features, the gearshift feel, the steering feel, the seating position, the engine characteristic, the way the suspension and handling dynamic behaves, all the way to the practicality standpoint and subjective visual appeal. The ONLY thing the GR Corolla has up its sleeve is the AWD aspect, but realistically it serves no purpose on track and ultimately does not make it any better or more engaging to drive. In todays day and age, it is admirable that Toyota (or any manufacturer for that matter) are still creating these low volume sports cars, so I appreciate the very existance of these great cars. But in the company of the FL5, the GR falls short.

I don't recommend anyone passes judgement until they've driven one - but once you do, you'll know what I mean.

FL5>GRC
You guys gets the GR Yaris in Australia, right?

I've seen a couple of them in Taiwan, I've yet to see a GR Corolla, though I think it's sold here.

No Honda cars are available in Taiwan anymore, sadly. Although I prefer our Focus ST-Line to the Civic Sport hatch I owned. It's not as much fun but a vastly superior family car, smoother, quieter, much more comfortable, awesome stereo etc.
Sponsored