• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you willing to pay for an 11th gen Type R?

What are you willing to pay for an FL5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I feel so lucky being in the UK. No authorized dealers add a markup. Not sure they are even allowed to do that here.
I dunno, I hate these markups with a passion, but I think I’d prefer that over $8/gallon…

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Welcome to earth…this has been going on as long as I’ve been alive, and will keep going on, forever. This will never stop, so maybe we can move on from the idea that somehow people will stop wanting something and paying for it.
I agree with you. My point was that so many in this forum complain about the markups and as this little poll points out : we are willing to pay more. Thats all.

On that, long live Capitalism! Hahaha

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Why would anyone pay more than MSRP? Is must be only an American issue, we don’t have this rubbish in Canada

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Why would anyone pay more than MSRP? Is must be only an American issue, we don’t have this rubbish in Canada
Supply and demand. Could be why your country is only getting 300 over 3 years...

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
First thing I thought of lol
The tiny minority who are willing to pay over MSRP are allowed to change their vote or risk karma of never getting their allocation. Life is simple like that.

Last edited:

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Glad I live in Australia. Dealers can't do this here.
True, but gone now are the days of walking in and negotiating a price with a dealer on these 'enthusiast' cars... at least for a while.

The thought of even paying 'close' to the retail (RRP / MSRP) for a car was unheard of even a year ago.. The dealers are LOVING it.

That said we pay so much for a lot of our cars compared to the US, technically it's already above MSRP by the time it gets to Australia.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Honda's fixed pricing model sucks, but...at least you know the price!
I mean, Tesla is basically "pay to play", especially now that they no longer qualify for the government stipend, er, tax credit (why we're paying tax credits on a luxury good is beyond me). I wonder if sales fell off sharply after they exceeded the volume requirements for the credit... 🤷‍♂️

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I mean, Tesla is basically "pay to play", especially now that they no longer qualify for the government stipend, er, tax credit (why we're paying tax credits on a luxury good is beyond me). I wonder if sales fell off sharply after they exceeded the volume requirements for the credit... 🤷‍♂️
I never thought of it that way.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The people paying markups on common models of cars are completely different from the enthusiasts paying markups on the Type R. This could be a rare and limited run of one of the few remaining drivers cars (that a normal person can purchase at least) before everything turns hybrid or electric.

We know that the market will get better for the mass-produced models ASAP but with limited trim levels like the Type R there isn't that certainty.
This, plus everyone knows this kind of car barely depreciates and may even appreciate. Used car prices are still sky high. Until they go back to normal, this car will go well over MSRP.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
The tiny minority who are willing to pay over MSRP are allowed to change their vote or risk karma of never getting their allocation. Life is simple like that.
It looks like those only willing to pay MSRP are in the minority. It's the reality we are in. I also want world peace and an end to global hunger. What's right and what's going to happen are two entirely different things. Unless you can get EVERY honda enthusiast in the US to agree, these are going for over msrp. WAY over. RoidRage said it best when stating he put himself in a good position financially and isn't going to let 10k keep him from getting what he wants.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Sales doubled this year and on pace to exceed Honda in the US. Every major car manufacturer is scrambling to shore up their EV game.

11th Gen Honda Civic What are you willing to pay for an 11th gen Type R? 339E99B7-A5BD-405E-BF49-3DD39ABD93F0

https://insideevs.com/news/608471/tesla-sales-up-105-percent-august-2022/
Sponsored