• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
It's behind the glovebox. Gotta remove the glovebox and the vent area I believe. There's a video on youtube that shows it. Doesn't look difficult

Here is the one for the 22 SI. Should be the same

How can I get rid of the active sound? I’d love to do it this weekend just not sure where the plug is located.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
What would be the PERFECT fix is if Honda would come out with a software update that allows the sound module to be turned off! Seems like it’d be so simple…just like being able to turn off Rev Matching.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
What would be the PERFECT fix is if Honda would come out with a software update that allows the sound module to be turned off! Seems like it’d be so simple…just like being able to turn off Rev Matching.
It’s so frustrating (and confounding) that there’s no permanent off switch. “Comfort” mode disables it but then the active exhaust valve is also disabled. Maddening.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It’s so frustrating (and confounding) that there’s no permanent off switch. “Comfort” mode disables it but then the active exhaust valve is also disabled. Maddening.
Are you certain the active exhaust valve is disabled if you set “Engine Sound” to “Comfort” Mode but set “Engine” to “Sport” or “+R?” I’ve posed this question in a couple of threads, including this one, and it’s 🦗🦗🦗

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Are you certain the active exhaust valve is disabled if you set “Engine Sound” to “Comfort” Mode but set “Engine” to “Sport” or “+R?” I’ve posed this question in a couple of threads, including this one, and it’s 🦗🦗🦗
Certain? No. I’m not sure anyone has actually tried to verify (that I’m aware of).

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Engine: +R
Steering: Sport
Suspension: Comfort
Engine Sound: Sport
Rev Match: Sport
Gauge: Sport

I'm really glad that we have an Individual mode! Being forced to choose would always feel like a sacrifice. This mode is a huge thing that the FL5 has over the FK8 that doesn't get mentioned enough.

At first I really liked the Comfort steering but I think that the heavier steering in Sport seems to help with torque steer in wet road conditions so I'm giving it a try.

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
When you select the engine noise setting the exhaust highlights. So it would make sense it affects the valve.

Also, if it just took turning the engine sound to comfort to disable the fake noise while still having the valve open, why would people be looking to manually disable the sound. Doesn’t add up.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I was messing with the settings today on a back road... Thank goodness because I didn't love the steering feel. It didn't fit me so to speak.

+R steering is hilarious heavy. I was driving like that for the first two hours driving.

I put the steering in comfort and while the car is responsive it wasn't what I was looking for. Sport is perfect!

I put it back to +R mode and it's hilarious how heavy it is.

Sport steering for me.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
I just spent some time today to unplug the ASC and can confirm it does not effect the exhaust modes.

After messing around with all the settings I am thinking the Engine mode AND Engine sound effect the exhaust valve but not 100% certain. Id need go pro mounted looking into the exhaust valve to be sure, but when I unplugged the ASC and swapped the engine into +R mode on the highway I definitely heard it change tone. I think I'm left with more questions than answers but all I know is I will be leaving it unplugged. The owners manual doesn't have any details on what exact changes are made to the car in each setting either which is a little disappointing.

I may be more leaning to Engine sound effects pumped in audio and Engine Mode affects throttle mapping and exhaust. They could be intertwined too 🤷‍♂️

I did sit in the driveway and have my wife rev the car as I changed a few modes and did confirm the valve was working and opening as it should though with it unplugged.
Sponsored