• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What Pre-Installed Options Do You Like?

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
I am considering pre-installed / dealer-installed options for my FL5 (in transit - not yet delivered).

What options have you installed and like? Why?

What options have you installed and don't like? Why?

What are your general thoughts about FL5 pre-installed options?

I am most interested in feedback from those with options already on their car.

Thank you.

Here is the list I am using...

All-Season Floor Mat
Ashtray Cupholder Type
Cargo Net
Cargo Tray Divider
Cargo Tray
Contoured Highwall Carpet Floor Mat
Illuminated Door Sill Trim
Rear Passenger Window Shade
Seat Back Protector
Shift Knob, Leather Wrapped
Steering Wheel - Alcantara
Car Cover (Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid)
Door Visors
Kayak Attachment
Protection Film Package
Roof Basket
Roof Box, Midsized
Roof Box, Short
Ski/Snowboard Attachment
Surfboard Attachment
Valve Stem Caps, Type-R
Wheel Lock Nut, Black
Wing Spoiler, Carbon Fiber
19-in Forged Alloy Wheel
Bike Attachment - Frame Mount
Engine Block Heater
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Bought the Black Locking Lug Nuts, great
Made a mistake and got the High Bucket mats. Going to buy something else. Tuxmat or Weather Tech. Sell you the whole set if you want, Cheap. They’re beautiful but not for Winter Weather. 1 week old !
Driving around in the cold weather or hot ?, I’m going to get the leather Shift Knob. If you’re in a nice part of the country? Would rather not !
Dealership gave me the Type R Valve stem covers. Have not received them yet.
Save your money and go to a professional detailing shop. The car needed to be paint corrected, clayed and ceramic coated. Thought the car was fine until the Detail shop sent me a bunch of pictures. Glad I did that fast.
good luck with your new ride.
best

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I have the black lugnuts, black locking nuts and the cargo tray for the rear. Cargo tray is definitely a must, because the carpet won't even get damaged and a grocery bag spills or something it'll just go on the tray. My CTR is my daily driver so the hatch space will get used and my last car (Scion tC) could have really benefited from a tray.

I don't have the carbon fiber spoiler but thats going to be next on my list for sure.

Would probably look into doing the shift knob too, because after driving my Mustang and CTR back to back I much prefer the traditional elongated shifter thats in my GT350 than the teardrop shaped shifter in the CTR. I just don't know how the shift knob would feel.

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
Made a mistake and got the High Bucket mats. Going to buy something else. Tuxmat or Weather Tech. Sell you the whole set if you want, Cheap. They’re beautiful but not for Winter Weather. 1 week old !
Driving around in the cold weather or hot ?, I’m going to get the leather Shift Knob. If you’re in a nice part of the country? Would rather not !
Save your money and go to a professional detailing shop. The car needed to be paint corrected, clayed and ceramic coated. Thought the car was fine until the Detail shop sent me a bunch of pictures. Glad I did that fast.
best
What was it about the high-walled floor mats that you did not like for winter appellations? I was about to order those for the Ohio Winters.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
What was it about the high-walled floor mats that you did not like for winter appellations? I was about to order those for the Ohio Winters.
Only the driver side is high bucket. The rest are not. It’s just carpet with the type R logo on the driver side only. If you want mine I will sell them to you Half Price, you pay the shipping. They’re great if you’re not in an area of snow. The dealership charged me $235 including the tax. As stated they’re better looking than the Honda all weather but in my opinion, just won’t give you the same protection. I’m going with either the Tuxmat or Weather Tech for the Winter!
Kind Regards

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
best
Thanks for the info about the mats... they were on my list but will be substituted with something else.

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the black lugnuts, black locking nuts and the cargo tray for the rear. Cargo tray is definitely a must, because the carpet won't even get damaged and a grocery bag spills or something it'll just go on the tray. My CTR is my daily driver so the hatch space will get used and my last car (Scion tC) could have really benefited from a tray.

I don't have the carbon fiber spoiler but thats going to be next on my list for sure.

Would probably look into doing the shift knob too, because after driving my Mustang and CTR back to back I much prefer the traditional elongated shifter thats in my GT350 than the teardrop shaped shifter in the CTR. I just don't know how the shift knob would feel.
Thanks for the info. about the tray... it will be on my list.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I have the honda all weather civic mats and they do nicely for winter.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Does anyone have any input on the quality and usefulness of the exterior accessories like the ones listed below? I see these in the Honda Build and Price tool and was wondering if its better to go aftermarket with 3M or similar products.

Body Side Molding
Door Edge Film
Door Edge Guard
Door Handle Film
Rear Bumper / Trunk Protector
Splash Guards

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I went with the CF wing, leather shift knob(metal shift knobs in FL are terrible), black floor mats, and the trunk liner.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I went with the CF wing, leather shift knob(metal shift knobs in FL are terrible), black floor mats, and the trunk liner.
Mr Trizzle, May I ask what you did with the OEM wing ? Only reason I’m asking is I might get the CF Wing but then would want to sell my OEM wing and like to know how I should go about selling it and for how much to be fair to someone?
Thank You

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Mr Trizzle, May I ask what you did with the OEM wing ? Only reason I’m asking is I might get the CF Wing but then would want to sell my OEM wing and like to know how I should go about selling it and for how much to be fair to someone?
Thank You
It's just sitting at my house right now. I was thinking about mounting it in my garage as a decoration 😂😂😂

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
It's just sitting at my house right now. I was thinking about mounting it in my garage as a decoration 😂😂😂
When you install it please post some pictures. I am thinking about it too and the only thing holding me back right now is if it will block the rearview. The stock spoiler is so perfectly well placed
Sponsored