• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)

RedBadge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R
Did a search for thread titles on PDI and didn't find anything.

So I gotta ask, for those who have purchased an FL5, what was your PDI experience? I know Mark from Savagegeese made it a condition of his purchase for the dealer not to PDI his Type R. Has anyone else been successful with this? Or were there certain items/tasks that you succeeded in your dealer not doing?
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
No issues whatsoever. I requested the dealer to do nothing to the car. I was told they cannot turn the vehicle over to a customer straight off the truck, so they agreed to perform the bare minimum. They performed the following:

Fuse installation
Canceled Maintenance Mode
Set Tire Pressure
Calibrated TPMS
Removed Shipping Blocks
Battery Check

After the above was performed it was loaded on a carrier and shipped to me. The car was delivered with all wrapping on the interior and exterior, shipping blocks were placed on front passenger seat, mats in the plastic in the hatch, Monroney Sticker attached to the window, and QA/QC docs from Japan.

11th Gen Honda Civic PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) 20230321_083521

11th Gen Honda Civic PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) 20230321_085118

11th Gen Honda Civic PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) 20230321_085152

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Dealers have to perform a PDI regardless of what they tell you, otherwise they could get fined massively. I've worked as a PDI department manager for 6 years. We can't even let salespeople drive cars with customers that haven't been PDI'ed due to this. Now what all that entails differs between brands but it still has to happen at the dealer.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Yep just tell your dealership not to touch it when it come in...shouldn't be a problem when my fl5 came in they didn't touch anything because I told them not to.

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
I get not washing the car, and maybe you want to be the one to unwrap your present to yourself, but what is the deal with no PDI? Unless you're planning on storing it as a collectors item?

I wish I knew to ask about QC docs. That would be a cool artifact.

OP
OP
RedBadge

RedBadge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R
No issues whatsoever. I requested the dealer to do nothing to the car. I was told they cannot turn the vehicle over to a customer straight off the truck, so they agreed to perform the bare minimum. They performed the following:

Fuse installation
Canceled Maintenance Mode
Set Tire Pressure
Calibrated TPMS
Removed Shipping Blocks
Battery Check

After the above was performed it was loaded on a carrier and shipped to me. The car was delivered with all wrapping on the interior and exterior, shipping blocks were placed on front passenger seat, mats in the plastic in the hatch, Monroney Sticker attached to the window, and QA/QC docs from Japan.

20230321_083521.jpg

20230321_085118.jpg

20230321_085152.jpg
Excellent. Glad you were able to find a dealer willing to do the bare minimum (never thought I'd hear myself say that). I'm hoping I can find one, too, that will not do everything on their checklist.

OP
OP
RedBadge

RedBadge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R
Dealers have to perform a PDI regardless of what they tell you, otherwise they could get fined massively. I've worked as a PDI department manager for 6 years. We can't even let salespeople drive cars with customers that haven't been PDI'ed due to this. Now what all that entails differs between brands but it still has to happen at the dealer.
Hey, thanks for your insight. Really appreciate hearing from someone who dealt directly with this stuff directly.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I think it's just me but I'm feeling like the pretentiousness is dialed up to 11 the past few days on these boards.

Savagegeese also mentioned something along the lines that Honda dealers aren't used to this type of entitled behavior from customers who just assume everyone are idiots.

It's a $50k car, built to last hundreds of thousands of miles, with almost zero factory options. The dealer isn't going to ruin it as it's being driven off the truck, or peeling stickers off of it, and if you're worried about every little scratch and blemish maybe go find a coachbuilder like Singer or Alfaholics to build you a custom restomod where you choose every little detail about the car. Or have Ferrari build you a one-off like Eric Clapton.

I get not having holes drilled in the bumper, even though it may actually be a requirement for them to do this so even in this regard expectations are probably unreasonable to ask them not to do it. Other than that, ask yourself why you really give a shit? Are you going to hermetically seal the car and never drive it?

No, the answer is no.

If no one else agrees and I'm alone in my crusade to be the voice of reason, just ban me then. This feels ridiculous. For a CIVIC (or Integra).

Mordotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I think it's just me but I'm feeling like the pretentiousness is dialed up to 11 the past few days on these boards.

Savagegeese also mentioned something along the lines that Honda dealers aren't used to this type of entitled behavior from customers who just assume everyone are idiots.

It's a $50k car, built to last hundreds of thousands of miles, with almost zero factory options. The dealer isn't going to ruin it as it's being driven off the truck, or peeling stickers off of it, and if you're worried about every little scratch and blemish maybe go find a coachbuilder like Singer or Alfaholics to build you a custom restomod where you choose every little detail about the car. Or have Ferrari build you a one-off like Eric Clapton.

I get not having holes drilled in the bumper, even though it may actually be a requirement for them to do this so even in this regard expectations are probably unreasonable to ask them not to do it. Other than that, ask yourself why you really give a shit? Are you going to hermetically seal the car and never drive it?

No, the answer is no.

If no one else agrees and I'm alone in my crusade to be the voice of reason, just ban me then. This feels ridiculous. For a CIVIC (or Integra).
Just like how you have your own opinions, others can have their own as well. There’s no right or wrong answer in this instance, forums exist to have open discussions on such topics.

Last edited:

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
I'll add my two cents....

What was my FL5 PDI experience?

They set my cold tire pressure to 53 PSI on all four tires. Yep.

Somehow, I find that to be even more egregious than forgetting to remove the spring spacers, or things of that nature. At least those can be chalked up as an oversight...simple forgetfulness. To get the tire pressures all the way up to 53 PSI, I'm thinking someone had to go out of their way to add air pressure on top of the overly high pressure they're already given before shipping.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I'll add my two cents....

What was my FL5 PDI experience?

They set my cold tire pressure to 53 PSI on all four tires. Yep.

Somehow, I find that to be even more egregious than forgetting to remove the spring spacers, or things of that nature. At least those can be chalked up as an oversight...simple forgetfulness. To get the tire pressures all the way up to 53 PSI, I'm thinking someone had to go out of their way to add air pressure on top of the overly high pressure they're already given before shipping.
Perhaps they were dyslexic and thought they set in 35 psi 😆
Sponsored