• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whats your other car in addition to your CTR?

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
I should really get all the cars for a group pic, butI have an S2000 AP1, The FL5 Type R, G80 M3, and my family hauler is my 2022 Tacoma 4X4. My wife drives a Model Y Performance.

[edit] pics of my DD. It's slightly lifted on Fox 2.0 suspension, and a lot of other little mods. :)

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? 20240402_161231_resized
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Traded an Aegean Blue SI to get my Type R. Our other car - the one my wife usually drives -is a classic 2002 Lexus SC430 hardtop convertible coupe.

It is everything the Type R isn't and vice versa.
Ironically, the 4.3 L 8-cylinder in the Lexus makes the same power as the 2.0L four in the Honda.
The Lexus engine is buttery smooth, pulls nicely, but, like the rest of the car, it is designed to cruise, not race.
The interior has that charm missing in most modern cars, regardless of price. A generous amount of real wood and leather warms it up. The ride is not half bad. I way prefer the seats in the Honda, the sharper steering, the lighter weight, the storage, and the rear seat legroom. But when the weather permits and you want to put the top down, the Lexus is in its glory. Lost the sunroof when I traded in the SI.
I will say the feeling of taking a corner in the SC430 is very different due to the rwd vs fwd setup. It feels like one organic whole, in the Honda I find myself parsing the turn to achieve what I want - but the limits in the Honda are of course much higher, as they are meant to be.
Other than the folding roof, and the fantastic wood and leather steering wheel and interior, my favorite part of taking the Lexus out is the turning radius - has to be about four feet less than the Honda. Spaces I would never get into, or barely get into backing and filling, I can easily and confidently slide the Lexus in. It is much shorter than the Honda. And rwd apparently also helps reduce the turning circle.
It is certainly not, as the original Top Gear stated, the 'worst car in the world'. It is a wonderful car, once you accept that it is not, nor was ever intended to be, a sports car. For hard edged performance, the FK8 does nicely. But sometimes you just want to chill.
When filling up the Lexus at Costco I literally had a Bentley convertible in front of me and a Rolls Royce convertible just leaving the pumps. They smile - a convertible is a convertible.

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? Lexus pic

Last edited:

Stan23

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5, 2002 AP1 S2000
Very cool to see fellow motorcyclists here too! I used to live at the track and did club racing years ago! I still have a single bike in the stable; a BMW S1000XR.

side note : I recently bought a motocompacto, and that little scooter is a riot. lol

MT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '14 Accord Coupe v6 MT
‘14 Accord V6 MT with HFP shocks, ‘10 CRV and ‘23 M3

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? IMG_0498

11th Gen Honda Civic Whats your other car in addition to your CTR? IMG_3985
Sponsored

Last edited: