Sponsored

Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
605
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link

Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
605
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link

cryptolime

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2023
Threads
51
Messages
763
Reaction score
409
Location
Wilmington, NC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Well...

That didn't take long. Got an email today regarding "we can't ship the fluids you ordered".

"Blah blah blah, Cheech N Chong."

BS complete.

Clark Knapp does NOT currently have Formula R 5W 30 oil. No word yet on when it will be available.

Happy Hunting.
90% of the time when i try to order something from a dealer's website, they cancel it. i don't even try anymore.
 

Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
605
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link
90% of the time when i try to order something from a dealer's website, they cancel it. i don't even try anymore.
Well dang, that's a shame.

I've only ordered items from Honda dealer websites a few times so far, and so far I've had mostly success.
Just now ran into this roadblock with the Formula R oil, which is not really a surprise, since this "magic sauce" is the new hotness right now.
Hopefully this scarcity will fade as the initial stock slowly gets replenished over the next several months.
 


Ktrw

Senior Member
First Name
Zach
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
138
Reaction score
217
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
2025 Integra Type S
Just got my full case in from Strafe Racing. Easy communication and ends up being a purchase from Honda Stratham in NH. Will do the first oil change in September.

IMG_0924.webp
Got mine last week too. I wish I'd have known it was actually going to be available otherwise I would have waited to do my last oil change. I opened the oil filters up and they're all oily on the outside lol.
 

Unobtanium

Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Location
SWMO
Vehicle(s)
2011 CVPI
In time Padawan, in time all will be revealed.

Phillips 66 makes the lubricants used in HRC race cars so it's definitely high quality. Honda also doesn't have any specificed oils that currently meet the ILSAC GF-7/7A certification but the Phillips 66 Shield Armor/Valor does meet that certification so I wonder if it's a variation of that.
Ill stick with valvoline restore and protect. Prevents piston ring sticking and does meet GF7.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jcb


mattrose4

Senior Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
111
Reaction score
53
Location
chicago
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type R, 2013 sti
I was hoping to get some before my final track day for the year, but couldn't get some in time so AMS oil signature series it is! I really want to see some lab reports on HRC oil
 
 







Top