• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I just want a new 4-door with performance and three pedals. Less than a handful of cars meet that criteria and donā€™t break your wallet.

Thereā€™s the Golf GTI/R, GR Corolla, Blackwing, and G80 M3. Am I missing any?

Iā€™m pretty sure the FL5 will be the lightest out of the group (or at worst similar to GTI in curb weight).
Elantra N and WRX
Sponsored

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
Forgot to say meaningful performance and looks. The only way I'd drive one of those is if I got paid to do so.
The WRX needs some help for sure, if you opt for the black or dark grey, it hides all that ugly black plastic rather well. The FA24 seems to respond very well with minimal mods and a jb4 tune though... Perhaps Subaru will listen to it's owners and paint match all the black plastic for the 2023/24 model year.

Reactions: 007

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Never had a Type R before. Always wanted one because of Gran Turismo. So it was really cool that the FK8 came to the US finally. I like muscle cars too, and the GT350 was just something I had to have. Now that I have dream car #1 down, Im working on car #2 :)

My daily driver is a Scion tC so I am really looking forward to upgrading to the FL5, it'll be better than my tC in literally everyway
I prefer the GT350 in every way but reliability to my FK8. YMMV, but I feel like they are both very track focused, with the GT350 having way better auditory engagement (that engine screaming at 8k RPM is unreal).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I prefer the GT350 in every way but reliability to my FK8. YMMV, but I feel like they are both very track focused, with the GT350 having way better auditory engagement (that engine screaming at 8k RPM is unreal).
Flat plane crank šŸ¤¤

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Yeah I couldn't agree more. Would be nice to have something like that gives you the excitement and fun factor of the GT350 coupled with the reliability of the Civic Type R. Unfortunately cars like (911 GT3) that are just crazy expensive so you gotta compromise šŸ˜…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I still donā€™t get the 316hp/306hp thing. I thought it was just a 98 RON/93 Octane thing? So if you run 93 here, you make 316hpā€¦

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Makes me wonder if it's like motorcycles (KTM, for example), where they have a different exhaust and tune compared to the US market bikes. Replacement ECUs were a common thing and could make up to a 48% difference in power, and that's running a fairly reasonable tune

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Perhaps Honda gone too far for the 2 previous genā€¦
It's a Type-R, supposed to be aggressive and as noticeable as possible. They almost fully accomplished that with 10th gen. Only issues with it (exterior looks wise) were the fake vents which they fixed with the refresh, then other small things

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
It's a Type-R, supposed to be aggressive and as noticeable as possible. They almost fully accomplished that with 10th gen. Only issues with it (exterior looks wise) were the fake vents which they fixed with the refresh, then other small things
The original NSX-R, Civic Type R, and Integra Type R, were all rather understated cars, designed to be a more hardcore track ready variant, but definitely very mild in terms of exterior styling. Simply go back and look at any of themā€¦ beyond a taller spoiler, custom wheels, and a couple Type R badges/stickers, they basically looked exactly like the lower trims.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Btw, Iā€™m not suggesting the FL5 Type R, just be a hatchback sport with a spoiler and wheelsā€¦I think the widened body, spoiler, air curtain vents, hood scoop are all awesome. I just the the FK8 pushed a bit too far.
Sponsored