• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I get sound systems or power outputs, etc but I wonder why everyone else gets Alcantara shift boot/steering wheel? Tbh I’m not that sad if we get leather, as it will stand up to time better, but still wonder why?
Sponsored

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Honda has not yet revealed pricing for the model, but said the new Type R will go on sale in 2023, with deliveries set to begin early in the year.
😭

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
It appears that Europe and Japan get alcantara, North America gets leather. North America also appears to get a Bose sound system while Japan doesn't. Slight regional differences.
To that effect, I wonder if this means the Canadian models will end up with a heated steering wheel. I would assume so.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
I think it’s good we don’t get Alcantara here in the US.
Yup, the alcantara on my FK8 looks rough, and thats with cleaning it every 2 weeks :( I would kill for a leather steering wheel right now lol

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yup, the alcantara on my FK8 looks rough, and thats with cleaning it every 2 weeks :( I would kill for a leather steering wheel right now lol
Yeah I swapped a GT350 wheel on my Mustang GT and then constantly regretted it. No matter how hard you try, I even wore gloves… still got all funky

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I swapped a GT350 wheel on my Mustang GT and then constantly regretted it. No matter how hard you try, I even wore gloves… still got all funky
Ooooof, alright lemme go order a 2019 FK8 wheel in the meantime

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Plenty of takers for your suede wheel. It’s a straight swap on any 10th-Gen Civic. You can use a replacement wheel (leather)from 2017-2019 CTR or Si.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of takers for your suede wheel. It’s a straight swap on any 10th-Gen Civic. You can use a replacement wheel (leather)from 2017-2019 CTR or Si.
I'd totally sell it but I have no idea if its too far gone or not lol I've tried cleaning it myself but I just can't get the same fuzziness back with the Sonax cleaner and a foam applicator pad :(

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I had planned to buy a Civic Si steering wheel with the red stitching, assuming that the Type R would come with alcantara/suede. Now I don't have to! I'm a happy customer.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
To that effect, I wonder if this means the Canadian models will end up with a heated steering wheel. I would assume so.
Would be nice if they did that. Also hoping we get heated seats... so maybe we will get an awesome upgrade package like the Si?

I am glad we get leather, Alcantara gets pretty nasty after you get some mileage on it
Sponsored