• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Ventilated and cooled seats are the same?
They could be the same. All cooled seats are also ventilated, but not necessarily all ventilated seats are cooled.

Either way, they both serve the purpose of "cooling" you down.
Sponsored

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
That is a different take than your to each their own, free to like what we like second take.

The very point of my comment about the Atom is to emphasize what this car is. So to claim weight savings is weak at best.

Ventilated and cooled seats are the same?

Dude.. You live in Colorado right? Its summer time.. Sit in your car with the a/c on. Then turn your ac off and sit there with just the blower motor going. Then tell me they are the same thing.

Or better yet ask a Ford Owner if its the same thing. I understand due to production constraints they have made some changes from cooled seats to ventilated.

Weeeeeeeee
Yes, I live in Colorado, and unfortunately have owned many cars without A/C, and sweat my ass off every time the temp gets above 75°. So sad.... and irrelevant. Why are you continually bashing shit I've said when I've done nothing but state an opinion, like your dumb, and every other member on this post? We get it, you're in favor of have heated seats. So what. I'm not, so what. Either way, Honda will add whatever they want to this car, for their reasons. In the mean time, how about you just end your bullshit that never even needed to be said. My original comment was no more harmful than saying the sky is blue. But it's ok, just attack me for no reason just because you didn't agree with me not liking heated seats. Get a life.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yes, I live in Colorado, and unfortunately have owned many cars without A/C, and sweat my ass off every time the temp gets above 75°. So sad.... and irrelevant. Why are you continually bashing shit I've said when I've done nothing but state an opinion, like your dumb, and every other member on this post? We get it, you're in favor of have heated seats. So what. I'm not, so what. Either way, Honda will add whatever they want to this car, for their reasons. In the mean time, how about you just end your bullshit that never even needed to be said. My original comment was no more harmful than saying the sky is blue. But it's ok, just attack me for no reason just because you didn't agree with me not liking heated seats. Get a life.
I really like heated seats... Like a lot.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I really like heated seats... Like a lot.
I really like ventilated seats, especially for after a workout or basketball. After running my car with ventilated seats all the time, I got into another car without it and thought "Why is my back so warm?"

Heated seats are for suckers 🤪

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I really like ventilated seats, especially for after a workout or basketball. After running my car with ventilated seats all the time, I got into another car without it and thought "Why is my back so warm?"

Heated seats are for suckers 🤪
I've sat in my friends Lexus that had them, it feels amazing on your balls when you're wearing shorts on a swamp ass day.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
lol I’m one who would pay extra for heated seat delete. That’s the one thing that irked me about BMW’s for decades… they came with all this crap that I didn’t want or need. I just wanted the damn engine and three pedals.

If I could have my way, I’d get a Civic Type R with the following deleted:

1. All and/or any parking/driving assists like blind spot, sensors, cameras, lane assist, etc.
2. Heated and power seats
3. Infotainment (tablet looking thing smack in the middle), including HUD and all the other nonsense.

Just leave me with working headlights, wipers, and maybe turn signals (although frankly we don’t use those in the BMW world).

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
lol I’m one who would pay extra for heated seat delete. That’s the one thing that irked me about BMW’s for decades… they came with all this crap that I didn’t want or need. I just wanted the damn engine and three pedals.

If I could have my way, I’d get a Civic Type R with the following deleted:

1. All and/or any parking/driving assists like blind spot, sensors, cameras, lane assist, etc.
2. Heated and power seats
3. Infotainment (tablet looking thing smack in the middle), including HUD and all the other nonsense.

Just leave me with working headlights, wipers, and maybe turn signals (although frankly we don’t use those in the BMW world).
I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like driving my "dumb" car (2003 Highlander). I just turn it on and it goes, and I can plug my phone in to an AUX jack for music or whatever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like driving my "dumb" car (2003 Highlander). I just turn it on and it goes, and I can plug my phone in to an AUX jack for music or whatever
Man, I’m telling you… a big part of the reason why modern cars are so unreliable is too many electronics and nonsense equipment. Most of those features/options don’t age well and malfunction over time.

Like you said, the dumb cars from the 90’s and early 00’s just last and age gracefully because there’s little that can go wrong… and when it does, the fix is usually straightforward.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Man, I’m telling you… a big part of the reason why modern cars are so unreliable is too many electronics and nonsense equipment. Most of those features/options don’t age well and malfunction over time.

Like you said, the dumb cars from the 90’s and early 00’s just last and age gracefully because there’s little that can go wrong… and when it does, the fix is usually straightforward.
clearly you've never known anyone that owned a 80's, 90's GM, ford and dodge product, even Hyundai and Kias were junkers too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
clearly you've never known anyone that owned a 80's, 90's GM, ford and dodge product, even Hyundai and Kias were junkers too
I was referring mostly to Japanese cars. I never owned an American built car and probably never will, but family members have/do and I know that today’s GM, Ford, and Dodge are also junkers.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I was referring mostly to Japanese cars. I never owned an American built car and probably never will, but family members have/do and I know that today’s GM, Ford, and Dodge are also junkers.
oh 90's Mitsubishi's were trash also so were Subarus. I believe in general reliability has gone way up. VW's were absolute trash even 10 years ago. Newer models are nearly bullet proof.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh 90's Mitsubishi's were trash also so were Subarus. I believe in general reliability has gone way up. VW's were absolute trash even 10 years ago. Newer models are nearly bullet proof.
I couldn’t disagree more. Reliability of modern cars is beyond trash. There’s a recall every few days on just about every component imaginable.

Yes, manufacturers have gotten better at issuing such recalls, but in my experience both German and Japanese cars from the 80’s and 90’s were far more bulletproof vs the junk we got nowadays.

In Portugal, 90% of taxis are old Mercedes Benz from the 80’s and 90’s with well over 500k km. The one that drove me to the airport last year had 824k km. I even snapped a photo.

Modern cars simply don’t get this kind of mileage on a regular basis. Nowhere close.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos B8B4A9BD-F6B1-4C5B-8F2D-7A4777774343

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
You've essentially described my AP1, which is why I plan to keep it forever. No screens, no traction control... hell, it even has a cable throttle. Other than ABS and an ECU, it's pure analog. Stepping into it feels like going back in time.
Sponsored