• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That is good to hear and I know there are a few others out there like that and I bought my 2020 from one of them, but it's getting hard to find as most are cashing in like the rest at this point.
local VW dealer is selling the Golf R at msrp, last time i checked the line was 60+
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Fine. I'll play...

Improved the Turbo
aerodynamics a focus-
Every panel is different from base car other than front doors
Revised exhaust
Brand new seats - same seats
New dash screen/infotainment
Introduced individual settings
Michelin Pilot 4S 265s all around
Rear seat side airbags
Honda's latest version of Sensing
Wireless charger
Wireless Apple caraway
Wireless android auto
More passeger space
Bose amplification for audio

I'm not here to take away from the R. Which... I could. It's nice for what it is. Let's not act like Honda is giving you nothing.
did you just name things normal things cars come with? I'll give you the exhaust and body panels but doesn't amount to the price increase considering the fk8 also had mostly bespoke panels minus the rear fender. My point like others pointed out isn't that the car is bad, I'm sure its incredible. But at the price point, I expect more. Its no longer a value proposition.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Fine. I'll play...

Improved the Turbo
aerodynamics a focus
Revised exhaust
Brand new seats
Rear seat side airbags
Wireless charger
Wireless Apple caraway
Wireless android auto
More passeger space

I'm not here to take away from the R. Which... I could. It's nice for what it is. Let's not act like Honda is giving you nothing.
Also there's a thing called inflation that people can't seem to grasp :confused:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
did you just name things normal things cars come with? I'll give you the exhaust and body panels but doesn't amount to the price increase considering the fk8 also had mostly bespoke panels minus the rear fender.
I thought we were comparing it to thr FK8 price..

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Also there's a thing called inflation that people can't seem to grasp :confused:
Right. The base car has gone up 2500 or so....

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Right. The base car has gone up 2500 or so....

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Fine. I'll play...

Improved the Turbo
aerodynamics a focus
Revised exhaust
Brand new seats
Rear seat side airbags
Wireless charger
Wireless Apple caraway
Wireless android auto
More passeger space

1. Probably the only notable improvement, not work 7k
2. it looks ugly
3. the FK8 had every panel different/modified from base so this point is moot
4. most people go aftermarket exhaust (this shouldn't cost the company much anyway)
5. the old FK8 seats were more stylish and comfortable and held you better
6. standard expectation for a new generation
7. I would say a daily improvement but a downgrade from the track compared to the contienentals, they cost the same anyways moot point.
8. these were standard on the FK8, i got blasted ask me how I know. This isn't something new
7. This is a claimed improvement only, real world results beg to differ.
8-10. all of these are software features there's existing hardware to support this in the fk8
11. comes with the new universal platform that looks ugly and came at the cost of performance. this vehicle is not as nimble, fast or capable as the FK8
12. Factory touring stereo was garbage but I believe this is to be nicer garbage. Not worth the price

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If the stereo in the Honda is anything like VW, acura, audi, ford and Kia. All the speakers are made by Panasonic and they license the name and label it fender, Harman Kardon, Bang and Olufsen. I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese market has the same speakers with out the Bose licensing.

Last edited:

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I understand people's frustration with the price, we all want things for less money (including me!). With that said, when we are comparing the CTR to other cars in the market, are people including the ADMs that are being levied on those cars? It's my understanding that most cars that are not run of the mill are being charged ADMs.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I understand people's frustration with the price, we all want things for less money (including me!). With that said, when we are comparing the CTR to other cars in the market, are people including the ADMs that are being levied on those cars? It's my understanding that most cars that are not run of the mill are being charged ADMs.
Using logic will get you no where here. Run.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

Not all other cars have ADMs as bad as the Type R. It's had a ADM since 2017, way before the pandemic screwed up the car market.
Sponsored