• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Honda CTR #1069
Literally. Can't. Stop. Smiling.

Type R delivered on transport to my house Sunday morning. Sold my 2018 Civic Si that afternoon at CarMax.

I keep making up reasons to go places, so I can drive my Boost Blue Type R. "Honey, do you need anything from the store? Are you sure? I can go get whatever you want." I'm driving the kids around the neighborhood. I'm taking the long way to work.

I've had 5 BMWs (328, 330, 335, and 2 X5s), currently have a Model X and Model Y Tesla, and numerous other cars before those... and nothing ... none of them make me as happy as my new Type R.

It looks good. It sounds good. It shifts like a champion and handles like a dream.

I couldn't be happier...

11th Gen Honda Civic 🤩 I can't stop smiling since Type R FL5 was delivered to my house boost blue - tight crop - 20221113_115136
Sponsored

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Congrats! I'm going to be doing the same thing when mine comes in. My dad would always take me around in whatever new fun car he had and I always looked forward to it. Hopefully your kids like it too!

*Make sure they removed the transport blocks on the front springs.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Literally. Can't. Stop. Smiling.

Type R delivered on transport to my house Sunday morning. Sold my 2018 Civic Si that afternoon at CarMax.

I keep making up reasons to go places, so I can drive my Boost Blue Type R. "Honey, do you need anything from the store? Are you sure? I can go get whatever you want." I'm driving the kids around the neighborhood. I'm taking the long way to work.

I've had 5 BMWs (328, 330, 335, and 2 X5s), currently have a Model X and Model Y Tesla, and numerous other cars before those... and nothing ... none of them make me as happy as my new Type R.

It looks good. It sounds good. It shifts like a champion and handles like a dream.

I couldn't be happier...

boost blue - tight crop - 20221113_115136.jpg
Welcome! Congratulations!

OP
OP
spacetimeglitch
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Honda CTR #1069
Wow!! good call. Just checked and you're right! The transport blocks are still there, zip tied to the springs on both sides in front. Are these user removable? Lift it up on jack and cut the zip ties and pull out? ... or should I visit the local dealer?

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
Wow!! good call. Just checked and you're right! The transport blocks are still there, zip tied to the springs on both sides in front. Are these user removable? Lift it up on jack and cut the zip ties and pull out? ... or should I visit the local dealer?
Another victim of the transport block. What's going on lmao

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
At first glance, it looks like it's removable how you described (at least from pictures I've seen). If lifting the front removes some tension off the spring-to-block point, maybe. It may be worth having the dealership remove them for safety and liability concerns. Plus, you get to drive it more (there and back)!

Maybe someone who has seen a similar suspension block can chime in. The dealer shouldn't charge you to remove them as it's supposed to be done before you get it.

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
Unbelievable that a dealer would leave these in, what happened to the PDI!
& then they have the cheek to charge you a premium!!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
At first glance, it looks like it's removable how you described (at least from pictures I've seen). If lifting the front removes some tension off the spring-to-block point, maybe. It may be worth having the dealership remove them for safety and liability concerns. Plus, you get to drive it more (there and back)!

Maybe someone who has seen a similar suspension block can chime in. The dealer shouldn't charge you to remove them as it's supposed to be done before you get it.
you can just Jack up the car a bit to relieve tension and cut the zip ties and remove, no big deal. When I bought my FK8 same deal, drove home 300kms when I picked up the car and then noticed the next morning so just went ahead and did it. 10 minutes tops.
This was also super common with the FK8, not sure what the heck the dealers were doing lol.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Unbelievable that a dealer would leave these in, what happened to the PDI!
& then they have the cheek to charge you a premium!!
Someone posted the PDI checklist for the Type R and apparently this isn't on it - crazy!!

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Sad/funny this is still and issue. Found mine still installed around 4k miles on my 2019. Snipped the zip ties in my driveway and they came right out, as I recall.

Congrats! I'm going to be doing the same thing when mine comes in. My dad would always take me around in whatever new fun car he had and I always looked forward to it. Hopefully your kids like it too!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Lazy PDI techs. Also always check your tire pressures the second you drive it away as they are lazy doing that too.
Sponsored