• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Good to hear. Honestly liked everything about the Type S over the FL5 until I saw that seats were much less aggressive, but if they'll hold up on track the few times a year I go, it seems like my decision is probably pretty easy.
Go sit in an Integra Aspec, Its essentially the same seat with the Alcantara placement changed up to hold you in a little better.
Sponsored

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
I have not been around much as car was in storage. I had to use it for our big 5 way video because the press cars got pulled because of the seat issue. But really, really enjoyed it on street and track. Very fun, usable car. People are people...
I cannot wait for the "Shitbox Shootout" video to drop :cool:

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Saw Mark and Jack today. Mark didn't care to look because I told him Championship White is the heritage color not Rallye Red.

A few days back, one of my friends told me he saw geese on a trail; not the white ones but the "geese from the savagegeese channel." @savagegeese you're a brand now, and those geese at the beginning of your video are your official mascots.

11th Gen Honda Civic πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? 20230429_111616

Last edited:
OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Saw Mark and Jack today. Mark didn't care to look because I told him Championship White is the heritage color not Rallye Red.

A few days back, one of my friends told me he saw geese on a trail; not the white ones but the "geese from the savagegeese channel." @savagegeese you're a brand now, and those geese at the beginning of your video are your official mascots.

20230429_111616.jpg
They will track you in the skies and sell your location data.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I think you may have answered this before but I was wondering if you knew what oil grade was being used during the media track events? Also did you keep the stock 0W-20 oil when you were tracking your FL5 for your upcoming video?

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I think you may have answered this before but I was wondering if you knew what oil grade was being used during the media track events? Also did you keep the stock 0W-20 oil when you were tracking your FL5 for your upcoming video?
I run Redline 5w30 in summer and for track. And when temps dip below 45F Ill go back to 0w20.
Its VERY dependent on temps you run. If you are sitting there running around at 180F oil temp 90+ % of time no point of going to a thicker oil other than the NOACK argument of 0w oils having higher evaporation.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
@savagegeese this was a fantastic video! Like I said in my YouTube comments I love this because I’m a FL5 owner and I was super pumped that the Subaru owner got a new motor.

What I would really know is how that collaboration with Carlo’s materialized?
Sponsored