• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@savagegeese did anybody ever mention anything about the amber Brake System light during any of the track sessions? I can't find anything in the owner's manual about it. I see it on the dash in the official Nurburgring video so I'm not too concerned about it but just curious about what triggers it.
It's a European requirement. International UN Regulations require that the hazard warning signal may be switched on automatically to indicate to other road-users the risk of imminent danger as defined by Regulation No 48 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UNECE).

Source: Page 36 of 105 - https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2019.014.01.0042.01.ENG
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
It's a European requirement. International UN Regulations require that the hazard warning signal may be switched on automatically to indicate to other road-users the risk of imminent danger as defined by Regulation No 48 of the Economic Commission for Europe of the United Nations (UNECE).

Source: Page 36 of 105 - https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2019.014.01.0042.01.ENG
That makes sense, but the light I'm talking about is on the dash. It's the amber light that says "Brake System". Comes on after a few laps/hard stops on track. You'll see it during the bulb check when you first start the car and all of the dash lights come on.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese did anybody ever mention anything about the amber Brake System light during any of the track sessions? I can't find anything in the owner's manual about it. I see it on the dash in the official Nurburgring video so I'm not too concerned about it but just curious about what triggers it.
That must be the brake fluid temp warning light.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
That makes sense, but the light I'm talking about is on the dash. It's the amber light that says "Brake System". Comes on after a few laps/hard stops on track. You'll see it during the bulb check when you first start the car and all of the dash lights come on.
Thats part of the Hondas Safety Sense system I think. Its like collision warning or something like that or cars have it. You actually are supposed to disable that system before going on a track and some tracks actually wont let you drive with it because those systems can turn on like a false positive and actually cause a crash.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I think a friend that works at Lexus for years mentioned once, that Red light is bad (something is wrong), amber / orange signifies warning (some fluid is low, etc.) and green light means something is turned on (like head light or cruise). ... something like that

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
That must be the brake fluid temp warning light.
That’s what I’m assuming. Was hoping they had given you an official answer. I checked my scan tool and it doesn’t display brake fluid temp so not something I can check at the next track day. Just gonna keep sending it.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Thats part of the Hondas Safety Sense system I think. Its like collision warning or something like that or cars have it. You actually are supposed to disable that system before going on a track and some tracks actually wont let you drive with it because those systems can turn on like a false positive and actually cause a crash.
This is the light I’m talking about. It’s different than the big BRAKE message when you’re about to rear end grandma for going 10 under in the fast lane. I had all of the safety stuff turned off on track. I’m hoping it’s just about fluid temp but would like to know for sure.
11th Gen Honda Civic 🙋🏻‍♂️ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? 50E89760-A5BC-428F-A3A4-80320422CD39

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
This is the light I’m talking about. It’s different than the big BRAKE message when you’re about to rear end grandma for going 10 under in the fast lane. I had all of the safety stuff turned off on track. I’m hoping it’s just about fluid temp but would like to know for sure.
50E89760-A5BC-428F-A3A4-80320422CD39.png
The brake system warning light was on the entire press event where honda was at Sonoma. We asked chief enginer said it was just a warning that you may have fade soon. Other brands have said brake system warning lights are algorithmic it looks at brake cycles, gforce, velocity, temp and approximates fade to warn driver. Obviously that all changes when you change pads, tires and is no longer meaningful.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
The brake system warning light was on the entire press event where honda was at Sonoma. We asked chief enginer said it was just a warning that you may have fade soon. Other brands have said brake system warning lights are algorithmic it looks at brake cycles, gforce, velocity, temp and approximates fade to warn driver. Obviously that all changes when you change pads, tires and is no longer meaningful.
Awesome, great info! Thanks for the clarification.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Give an acura's amazing suspension tuning on the TLX Type S and the MDX Type-S my guess is the Adaptive dampers will be great for the street on the Integra but you lose the good seats from the Type R and some of the harder Edge. I know looks are subjective but they didn't have the budget to do new fenders and rear quarter panels so they just have the tacked on wide body for the entire but other than that they're almost identical cars. Fl5 will be more rare.
Super excited to see your DE5 vs FL5 video!

I'm curious since you made multiple videos of the base Integra, do you think the seats on the base Integra are supportive enough for track work/autocross? I know the Type S will have slightly more bolstering but curious as to whether that seems like it will be enough?

Also have they said anything about whether the FL5 chassis is stiffer than the Type S? I remember Acura saying the Integra was slightly stiffer than the Si, wasn't sure whether to expect a difference between the DE5 and FL5.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I’m shocked that @savagegeese would even post on here again after the savagehumans jumped on him for no reason…

Nice to see you have tougher skin than most.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I’m shocked that @savagegeese would even post on here again after the savagehumans jumped on him for no reason…

Nice to see you have tougher skin than most.
I have not been around much as car was in storage. I had to use it for our big 5 way video because the press cars got pulled because of the seat issue. But really, really enjoyed it on street and track. Very fun, usable car. People are people...

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙋🏻‍♂️ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? DJI_0297.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙋🏻‍♂️ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? _1057466.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic 🙋🏻‍♂️ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? 20230410_145722

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Super excited to see your DE5 vs FL5 video!

I'm curious since you made multiple videos of the base Integra, do you think the seats on the base Integra are supportive enough for track work/autocross? I know the Type S will have slightly more bolstering but curious as to whether that seems like it will be enough?

Also have they said anything about whether the FL5 chassis is stiffer than the Type S? I remember Acura saying the Integra was slightly stiffer than the Si, wasn't sure whether to expect a difference between the DE5 and FL5.
My understanding is unless they made manufacturing changes the FL5 body and DE5 will be identical. Maybe some difference in adhesives etc.

The base seats are fine. They are good enough unless you are going nuts with mods and track. The apec seats are better because of material and grip factor. Im not sure how much different aspec and type s seats are.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I have not been around much as car was in storage. I had to use it for our big 5 way video because the press cars got pulled because of the seat issue. But really, really enjoyed it on street and track. Very fun, usable car. People are people...

DJI_0297.JPG

_1057466.JPG

20230410_145722.png
I’m pretty sure that mine has the seat issue as it the 35th car off the line. That being said the dealership hasn’t contacted me at all.

I have to say I’ve now put a few thousand kilometres on my car and I understand what this cars about.

it’s a very special package and for all of us that have one we are a very lucky bunch.

I’ll say this. For all the FL5 owners that plan on holding on to this car for the long term won’t be making a mistake. The cars going to appreciate and hold its place amongst the Honda greats of the past IMO.

Nice to see you back on the forum.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The base seats are fine. They are good enough unless you are going nuts with mods and track. The apec seats are better because of material and grip factor. Im not sure how much different aspec and type s seats are.
Good to hear. Honestly liked everything about the Type S over the FL5 until I saw that seats were much less aggressive, but if they'll hold up on track the few times a year I go, it seems like my decision is probably pretty easy.
Sponsored