• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese just like you did the above in depth review of the GR Corolla, why not do one on the FL5? I know you did the track impressions and the tech specs/improvements compared to the FK8 in the launch video, but you had a similar track impressions video for the GR, yet you did an in detail follow up. Would love to see a similar one on your FL5 on your favorite Illinois farm road, complete with the interior impressions and the "in the shoppe" section.
As soon as weather turns I will. Unlike press cars, I am not cool with my own cars getting destroyed with salt.
Sponsored

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
As soon as weather turns I will. Unlike press cars, I am not cool with my own cars getting destroyed with salt.
Thanks for the reply. On that note, I just got my car completely rust coated (underbody, inside door panels, fenders, engine bay, etc). Is it good enough for me to take the car out when the roads outside are still littered with salt or would I be damaging the car?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the reply. On that note, I just got my car completely rust coated (underbody, inside door panels, fenders, engine bay, etc). Is it good enough for me to take the car out when the roads outside are still littered with salt or would I be damaging the car?
Personally, I avoid taking the CTR out on salty roads, not so much because I'm afraid it will affect the car functionally (I used my S2000 all-year round for 18 years with only cosmetic surface rust). I just like seeing shiny components every time I get the car up on a lift lol. And not only to avoid salt, I just don't trust other drivers around me to stop when the road is slippery. I have another garbage car that I cruise around in during the winter months. They can slam the shit out of this one all they want.

Last edited:

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really itching to take the car out now that snow days are few and far, but I'll take your advice. Thanks!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Really itching to take the car out now that snow days are few and far, but I'll take your advice. Thanks!
I have the occasional itch too. But it's not like i can take the car out when it snows anyway, since I just have the stock tires lol. Need to move to FL or somewhere in the dry SW where I can just drive the car any day I want.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @savagegeese now that the Integra Type S has been revealed, what do you think about a video which does both, serve as a review of the FL5, as well as serve as a first look at the Type S? Really liked your Z06 vs. GT3 video, something similar would be great and maybe give a good answer to someone looking at both cars. Hopefully the weather would be clear by the time you get your hands on the Type S; really looking forward to an in-depth review of the FL5 and how it compares! Thanks for the quality content!

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hey @savagegeese now that the Integra Type S has been revealed, what do you think about a video which does both, serve as a review of the FL5, as well as serve as a first look at the Type S? Really liked your Z06 vs. GT3 video, something similar would be great and maybe give a good answer to someone looking at both cars. Hopefully the weather would be clear by the time you get your hands on the Type S; really looking forward to an in-depth review of the FL5 and how it compares! Thanks for the quality content!
The short answer is yes there will be a very comprehensive video including both cars. It has been in the works for the past few months

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
The short answer is yes there will be a very comprehensive video including both cars. It has been in the works for the past few months
Love the GT3 and Z06 video as well...just excellently done, as usual. Just wondering if you've got any comment/incites on the record breaking Nurburging run, and obviously the subsequent controversy.

keep the content coming...love them all...maybe cook some Spam on one of you videos :) j/k ing :)

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Love the GT3 and Z06 video as well...just excellently done, as usual. Just wondering if you've got any comment/incites on the record breaking Nurburging run, and obviously the subsequent controversy.

keep the content coming...love them all...maybe cook some Spam on one of you videos :) j/k ing :)
I know that the Japanese side is not transparant about the development cars and settings they use. Its almost certain that they are running a different calibration on that car that has things like stability disabled etc. Its also possible they have a different drivetrain calibration setup that reduces safeguards such as how much boost or timing that gets pulled with heat compared to the normal production cars, namely if they had to do multiple back to back laps.

If you look at many "record" setting cars from most brands they are caged, or have R comps, etc. These are marketing laps for most companies.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Sweet! But I have to decide in the next week :) I'm totally leaning towards the FL5, so your video better reaffirm my choice!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Sweet! But I have to decide in the next week :) I'm totally leaning towards the FL5, so your video better reaffirm my choice!
You know how savagegeese gets so skeptical sometimes, and this time he actually bought the fl5.

So Im very worried XD

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Give an acura's amazing suspension tuning on the TLX Type S and the MDX Type-S my guess is the Adaptive dampers will be great for the street on the Integra but you lose the good seats from the Type R and some of the harder Edge. I know looks are subjective but they didn't have the budget to do new fenders and rear quarter panels so they just have the tacked on wide body for the entire but other than that they're almost identical cars. Fl5 will be more rare.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Give an acura's amazing suspension tuning on the TLX Type S and the MDX Type-S my guess is the Adaptive dampers will be great for the street on the Integra but you lose the good seats from the Type R and some of the harder Edge. I know looks are subjective but they didn't have the budget to do new fenders and rear quarter panels so they just have the tacked on wide body for the entire but other than that they're almost identical cars. Fl5 will be more rare.
It makes sense the Acura's suspension will be less edgy and more comfortable on the street. It goes with the design/philosophy of the car and the seats as well - more comfort vs. the rawness of the R. I also agree the R will be more rare and special in that sense. It seems Honda went all out on it, dedicated their Japanese factory to it, and so it will something more exclusive. It does seem a bit more purpose-built, whereas the Acura is trying to do both luxury and sport, so somewhat more compromised in a sense. I have a deposit on a Rallye Red coming to the dealer next week, so will probably get on it, because it will be the last one here for a while. Thanks for your excellent videos!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Front fenders are formed only rear quarters and doors are tacked on.
With a lot of FL5 owners disabling ADS I can see the softer suspension being welcomed and people modding FL5 with the retuned ADS

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
@savagegeese did anybody ever mention anything about the amber Brake System light during any of the track sessions? I can't find anything in the owner's manual about it. I see it on the dash in the official Nurburgring video so I'm not too concerned about it but just curious about what triggers it.
Sponsored