• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Raitis rides. Except he also incorporates atmos and AR tech, the twinkies literally explode into my face
He needs to be zonked for that. I'll give him a half-zonk since he's a CTR fan.
Sponsored

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Is it true you guys purchased a GR?

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's on either his or Jack's instagram. It's replacing the GR86.
Awesome, wasn't sure if it was a Toyota car or if they picked one up themselves

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
@savagegeese did you guys get to the bottom of what happened to the poor S209 engine? Spun bearing?

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
@savagegeese At the end of the video you went into the whole thing about not being able to turn off stability control unless you're in +R mode, but that you want to be in COMFORT suspension mode for a faster lap time. So did you guys run it in INDIVIDUAL mode with suspension on COMFORT and use the pedal dance to disable stability control, or left it in +R and sacrificed some lap time? I guess the latter is how it comes from the factory, so that's how you would test it?

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese At the end of the video you went into the whole thing about not being able to turn off stability control unless you're in +R mode, but that you want to be in COMFORT suspension mode for a faster lap time. So did you guys run it in INDIVIDUAL mode with suspension on COMFORT and use the pedal dance to disable stability control, or left it in +R and sacrificed some lap time? I guess the latter is how it comes from the factory, so that's how you would test it?
For the official laps we left it in factory +R and VSA off. And yes the harsh suspension slows car down by about .3.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Really hope with the refresh or maybe later model years, or even an OTA update would all that to be turned off and not locked to +R without doing the pedal dance.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@savagegeese I can't wait to watch your take on the ITS tomorrow! Hopefully there's something to the car that justifies the price.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is video release 9AM?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Is video release 9AM?
That's when the embargo ends.. so I would assume sometime after that if Mark was able to finish the editing. Q&A really showed how much time is spent on these productions. Talking weeks sometimes per a video.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
That's when the embargo ends.. so I would assume sometime after that if Mark was able to finish the editing. Q&A really showed how much time is spent on these productions. Talking weeks sometimes per a video.
Video is out tomorrow. Sadly I could not put my laptime in it because of a seperate embargo. However video answers most all questions.

Ill be on here to answer anything else.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Video is out tomorrow. Sadly I could not put my laptime in it because of a seperate embargo. However video answers most all questions.

Ill be on here to answer anything else.
Thanks Mark for all the hard work!

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
For the official laps we left it in factory +R and VSA off. And yes the harsh suspension slows car down by about .3.
@savagegeese Yeah, that's what I assumed, but good for you to confirm. It then doesn't compute to me that the car Honda ran at the Nurburgring to set the record time was in +R suspension mode with OEM springs/rates and OEM dampers. It would mean they left time on the table, and no way that makes any sense. So whatever they ran ("Type R S" version car) had some suspension tuning different than OEM.
Sponsored