• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The MX-5 is an amazing car to drive and really does show there's more to a vehicle than pure drag numbers.
if i could daily the mx5 I'd take the miata over the R in a heartbeat. Civic as fast or a good track car it might be is compromised by being a fwd, front weight bias pedestrian car roots. Great car for sure but I know what I'm buying... some people think of it as the greatest car ever made.
Sponsored

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
if i could daily the mx5 I'd take the miata over the R in a heartbeat.
The benefit of working from home is that we do daily the MX-5. The only reason we need a 4d is for company -- cant exactly tote many people around in a 2 seater -- and when we need a bit more space than the miata can give.

Dealer just asked about my trade-in and everywhere has offered me 14k minimum. If they try to lowball me on this, I'll def walk and just get a diff 4d. I'm already paying a mark-up, so I won't play with that sort of bullshit. I want the CTR because I love fun-to-drive cars (hence MX-5), anyone who says it's the greatest car every is definitely a bit odd.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I had a nc2 prht that was my car for couple years. Blast to drive... One of the only cars that kept pokin you to drive faster.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
The benefit of working from home is that we do daily the MX-5. The only reason we need a 4d is for company -- cant exactly tote many people around in a 2 seater -- and when we need a bit more space than the miata can give.
Your guests got to your place somehow, so they can probably get to where they need to go next too. Or they can sit in the trunk, I guess.

That's how we justify having three two-seaters in our household, anyway.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
so is the FL5 2 secs quicker than the LE at Suzuka fake?

EDIT: how do we ignore the Suzuka lap time? Also, can magazines be bias?
Seems simple to me, the FL5 is a faster circuit car, and slower drag racer.

I personally love to see disappointment in the drag racing times - will make it easier for me to buy one.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line

Dealer just asked about my trade-in and everywhere has offered me 14k minimum. If they try to lowball me on this, I'll def walk and just get a diff 4d. I'm already paying a mark-up, so I won't play with that sort of bullshit. I want the CTR because I love fun-to-drive cars (hence MX-5), anyone who says it's the greatest car every is definitely a bit odd.
I would totally buy a Miata of GR86 if we didn't have two kids.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Seems simple to me, the FL5 is a faster circuit car, and slower drag racer.

I personally love to see disappointment in the drag racing times - will make it easier for me to buy one.
Imo those who really wanted this car will not suddenly change their mind because of straight line speed or lack thereof. Enthusiasts already know it's slow in that regard. I personally couldn't care less.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
This.

Though I'm hopeful the FL5 on lighter forged wheels and Cup2s will, at least, be on par with the LE.
Time will tell. Nevertheless, it seems like a more reliable car for those who track, and a more civilized one for those who don’t. And it’s still faster than the opposition.

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Topgear is living a deep economic crisis since Jeremy Clarkson and is team left the magazine.

Comparing the FL5 with old cars doesn't make any sense.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5

dorje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST mk8
Not sure why you guys need a comparison to new competition.
The FK8 has kept its crown for the entire duration of its lifetime.

The FL5 has a much improved interior and performance wise marginally improves also.
If you're hoping for a comparison to the GR Corolla - it's not available in the UK or EU market.

The lineup of cars he has chosen to compare against are hot hatch icons of the past, that's a VERY good sign.
Sponsored