• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
JBO

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I just drove the Adelaide Rally over three days in the GT4.
Closed twisty hills roads and final stage on a track.
This year I had PS4S on the car.
I used Cup 2s the previous two years.
In all cases, they were fresh sets with about 5000km or less on them.
PS4S is remarkably good. Cup2 has about 10-20 percent more grip at the limit and a slightly better turn-in. The car rides better on the squidgier Cup 2s as well.
PS4S is way better in the wet - as expected.
If I was primarily tracking the car, Cup 2 for sure.
For track and road and daily driving, the PS4S is an amazing tyre.
These are just my observations having used both extensively.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I think the overly positive press is gonna make the aquistion part of this car way worse for most people. I can just see many dealers saying how this car is better than a super car.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I think the overly positive press is gonna make the aquistion part of this car way worse for most people. I can just see many dealers saying how this car is better than a super car.
On the flip side, I'd imagine anyone buying this with supercar expectations will probably get disappointed with it and put it back up for sale.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Its getting great reviews yet they're also sayings its basically fk8 with 5% improvements all around, it always has been a great driving car.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
On the flip side, I'd imagine anyone buying this with supercar expectations will probably get disappointed with it and put it back up for sale.
I believe this will happen and why you see so many low mileage FK8s. The media hyped a lot of people up who didn’t realize the car isn’t very fast from a stop with the two first gears being basically useless. The result is they traded it in.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Maybe it’s here and I just can’t see it but does anyone have the video of Chris Harris driving the CTR???

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
"You could argue that a Golf R is more complete, well rounded, easier to live with but given a straight choice, I'd have this (FL5) every single time...It's as much a serious driving tool as a Cayman GT4..."
👆 Every dealer asking for a markup after watching the video: "And they called me a madman."

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Any one know where I can find chris harris civic type r 2023 review video I really want to see it 🥹

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
That review is not on YT. It was only on the TopGear TV show and it can only be accessed in the UK, unless you use a VPN and get a subscription