• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Back on topic...

We all know Tedward loves the Civic Type R but this is one my favorite videos of his on an amazing road.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
The N was considered but I am thoroughly unimpressed by Hyundai interiors, ride, etc - bearing in mind I've only been in older ones or cheaper models (rentals). Reliability isn't great either which is a very high priority for me, we keep our cars.

I was really into the FK8 until the FL5 was released - the (to me) improved interior is enough to sway me.

I compared cars from $35-75k with the same level of intent. Fun, manual, cars are few and far between these days.
I've looked at multiple mid-level luxury sports cars, and the interior of the FL5 is special. it pushes the car into a different category and will surely add to the car holding its value in the future.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Back on topic...

We all know Tedward loves the Civic Type R but this is one my favorite videos of his on an amazing road.

I like the part where he says, “You have to be cautious of cyclists of course.” I’ve seen many car reviews (including Matt Farrah’s Smoking Tire channel) that use this road enthusiastically and after seeing the crazy speed cars are driving on this public road I can’t believe cyclists would risk their lives riding on this road! Also surprised they don’t have police more frequently since the speeding is so well documented on social media.

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
I like the part where he says, “You have to be cautious of cyclists of course.” I’ve seen many car reviews (including Matt Farrah’s Smoking Tire channel) that use this road enthusiastically and after seeing the crazy speed cars are driving on this public road I can’t believe cyclists would risk their lives riding on this road! Also surprised they don’t have police more frequently since the speeding is so well documented on social media.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched… cycling seems to be very risky on this road lol. I couldn’t do it!

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Cant stand Raiti. Almost nothing he says is useful and that you couldn’t find in a short article. One comment he makes which illustrates my point is

Cant stand Raiti. Almost nothing he says is useful and that you couldn’t find in a short article. One comment he makes which illustrates my point is while driving the Elantra N he states, ”it so easy to get third gear every single time!”. Huh? Never knew getting a manual into third gear was such an achievement.

With that said I did click on the video because, well, it featured a 2023 Type R  

while driving the Elantra N he

This guy rati, is a car salesman, he doesn't know much, and was giving a Hyundai a plug...lol probably has his for sale...lol..so he makes it seen like Hyundai, is more that what it is that's what a car salesman does. The lighting lap Car and Driver..just came out...and the fl5 is breaking more records.....and I hope Honda does go electric...so I'll have the last gas combustion type r ...lol

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I drove an Si for a little that someone backed out of. If it is that level of comfort in comfort mode I should be okay.

May go 18 inches and 35-profile too.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
With the amount of value that the Elantra N presents, I feel like it's a valid competitor to the FL5 and I can see people cross-shopping between the two. Objectively, the FL5 is better than the Elantra N, but is it ~$12k better? That's up to the buyer to decide.

People who are contemplating an M2/RS3 are factoring in the possibility of paying ADM, although they are in different market segments.
I had hopes there might be a better looking Elantra in the future, but no such luck. It looks even worse.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R FL5 - Reviews Compilation (Articles + Videos)  ✍🏻 🎥 {filename}

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/02/27/hyundai-elantra-refresh-previewed-in-korea/
Sponsored