• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Type R used to be called a bargain. I don't think you can call it that anymore. You gonna be hitting nearly 400hp at this price range.
Sponsored

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Seems like pricing is in line with the inflation all around. If you want one get it as soon as you can. Prices will not cool down anytime soon.
Will prices go down during the recession?

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
It's technically 5.5k higher than 2021 model which started at $37,495. Would be larger gap over first year of the car.

However this price is only 1k less than the Limited Edition, GRC circuit edit, and Golf R. So yeah, this price is spicy. Geez!
Guess you have a little trouble reading the fine print. The CTR is exactly $5 (5 dollars not $500 or $5000) less than the limited GRC circuit edition. 🤦🏻
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) U.S. Pricing: $42,895 MSRP Screenshot_20221027-094248

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
Yea, I'll pass. A base model CTR with no options cost as much as a limited edition AWD GR Corolla Circuit edition (which comes standard with a carbon fiber roof).
No mention of the CTR retaking the FWD record at "the ring" either, meaning it's not that much of a better performer than it's predecessor. A fully loaded base model GR Corolla with the LSD's for right under $40k sounds like a steal now.
Throw on the optional CF spoiler and alcantara themed interior along with the markups, and this car is gonna be over $60k. LMAO 🤣 😂, plenty of better performing cars at that price point.
Good job on dropping the ball HonDUH.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yea, I'll pass. A base model CTR with no options cost as much as a limited edition AWD GR Corolla Circuit edition (which comes standard with a carbon fiber roof).
No mention of the CTR retaking the FWD record at "the ring" either, meaning it's not that much of a better performer than it's predecessor. A fully loaded base model GR Corolla with the LSD's for right under $40k sounds like a steal now.
Throw on the optional CF spoiler and alcantara themed interior along with the markups, and this car is gonna be over $60k. LMAO 🤣 😂, plenty of better performing cars at that price point.
Good job on dropping the ball HonDUH.

More for the rest of us!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Its a cool car but is it really 15k more than a Si? I mean Type R was always a bargain pocket rocket proposition. I expect SH-awd for this kinda price

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
That's $9,215 more than the last gen started at.

I bet dealers will be trying to get $60K for this Civic.

Ouch.
I wonder if this is Honda's way of pre-empting dealers from marking it up.

Think about it, if it were $40k, the dealers would mark it up to $50k.

Now it's $44k, it doesn't mean they can mark it up to $54k - buyers will consider the total cost, not just the markup.

So Honda gets to pocket some of the dealer markup profit.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The MSRP will be the new FL5’s Achilles’s heel. $7k more than a based GR corolla. And this is before dealership mark ups. Yikes.
The base corolla doesn't compare at all, the one with the diffs is $40k, and is pretty comparable.

Yeah, this seriously moves the needle back toward the GRC, especially if the Honda gets marked up more.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The Corollas definitely are better deals but the Civics are a whole class higher in interior quality and a lot roomier too.