• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
Its a cool car but is it really 15k more than a Si? I mean Type R was always a bargain pocket rocket proposition. I expect SH-awd for this kinda price
I never could get excited about the Civic Type R. I enjoyed my 2017 Civic Si, but lost interest when some of the content was removed for 2022. Neither beats the smiles-per-gallon of the Miata, though. :D
Sponsored

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
The Corollas definitely are better deals but the Civics are a whole class higher in interior quality and a lot roomier too.
Is it really a better deal though? CTR and Corolla Circuit are the same price, and I'd much rather have the CTR. The interior on the Corolla is straight trash, embarrassing for a $43k car.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
Is it really a better deal though? CTR and Corolla Circuit are the same price, and I'd much rather have the CTR. The interior on the Corolla is straight trash, embarrassing for a $43k car.
It's more comparable to a fully loaded core edition of the GRC, which is just under $40k.
And while I agree that the interior on a GRC is underwhelming, you have to factor in everything else to the equation. Nobody buys a CTR only because of it's interior, lol.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
It ends up being "an ugly GRC for $38,175" (has LSD) vs the Type R at $44,000, both including destination cost. Then you have the Elantra N for $33,245 in manual, also including destination. And that one comes with heated seats 🤷‍♂️

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
It ends up being "an ugly GRC for $38,175" (has LSD) vs the Type R at $44,000, both including destination cost. Then you have the Elantra N for $33,245 in manual, also including destination. And that one comes with heated seats 🤷‍♂️
I would agree that of the 3, the Elantra N is by far the best value.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Jesus I never thought about it that way! The type r is now 11k more expensive than the Elantra N!

In the past you could argue that the “specialness” of being a Type R and the resale value could make it worth the 4.5k higher MSRP. But now it’s a case of where exactly is this extra 11k going? The new type r as far as I can tell doesn’t have any drastic updates or changes from the last Gen. Yeah new chassis but same powertrain and just updated electronics.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
That Elantra N is ugly as sin, but it is the performance deal of the century.
Have you seen one in person? It's far less offensive. The one I saw in a parking lot was a red/maroon color, had Canada plates. The other one I saw on the road was in white, not bad either. The dumb black grille really is less shouty (still shouty for sure, just less so) in person

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wonder how Honda justifies this price. It was a while ago but I remember hearing/reading that the average Type R buyer made almost the exact same as the average Si buyer. The owner was simply willing to spend more per month for the Type R.

Sure there’s people who buy in cash but those are a minority. Unless the average Type R owner has changed how are they planning on selling these?

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Is the ADM on Integras similar to that of the CTR?

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
I expected the $42-43k, but don't forget dealers that are going to attempt to rape you. Yes, I mean rape becasue I just got off the phone with a dealer out of Ohio who says they are getting a Boost Blue from Cali, and are marking it up $20k. I am a true Honda fan, but "GTFOutta here" is exactly what I told him on the phone. I may have to start looking at better Hot-hatch alternatives.

BTW, I had stopped by this dealer a week ago and the same sales guy bragged like, they were going to be one of the lowest dealers marking up at only $5k. Straight up lied.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
type s*

it'll probably be $49,995
No I meant Type R. The integra Type S will no doubt come out, but if you believe that there will be no ITR, than you are naive. Honda will release an ICE last generation ITR before they fully commit to electrifying the entire lineup. They didn't rerelease the iconic integra nameplate to stop at a type S version.
Sponsored