• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Not all other cars have ADMs as bad as the Type R. It's had a ADM since 2017, way before the pandemic screwed up the car market.
True, dealers charging 20k over is crazy. But I guess if you're rich enough and have the desire it's a different story.
Sponsored

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
For all of you who think the CTR is bad value and think that there are better alternatives out there: I genuinely hope you are able to find something else that makes you happy.

More Type R's for the rest of us!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
True. Great logic is because everyone else is doing it I should too. Gotta love the herd mentality.
I want to buy a Civic Type R.

Should I buy this used one for 43k with 20k miles on it. Which is a few thousand over MSRP. Or should I get a new one for over MSRP?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Guess I'll just pay too much for (Insert whatever VWAG vehicle you choose).

Everything is high. Whatever your Golf is worth right now? It's too much. Same with my Accord.

Oh wait let me guess... the Bubble is going to pop right? Please link me to a YouTube click bate video to tell me all about it.

Then we will all be in Type Rs for cheap!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
For all of you who think the CTR is bad value and think that there are better alternatives out there: I genuinely hope you are able to find something else that makes you happy.

More Type R's for the rest of us!

At what dollar amount would you start to consider it not as good of a value? 55K? 60K? 65K? 70K?

I think at first all most all dealers are going to be 52-54K before taxes.

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I'm trying to think on the bright side, I got a ton of money for my 14 year old Subaru STI, way more than I would in a "normal" market. I'm also paying more for the CTR than in a normal market. Guess it kinda evens out? :D

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I want to buy a Civic Type R.

Should I buy this used one for 43k with 20k miles on it. Which is a few thousand over MSRP. Or should I get a new one for over MSRP?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Guess I'll just pay too much for (Insert whatever VWAG vehicle you choose).

Everything is high. Whatever your Golf is worth right now? It's too much. Same with my Accord.

Oh wait let me guess... the Bubble is going to pop right? Please link me to a YouTube click bate video to tell me all about it.

Then we will all be in Type Rs for cheap!
if you wanna over pay because everyone else is, your call. Don't try to justify your shitty logic.

i've seen the bubble time and time again. Oh the housing prices keep going up, its worth it... just keep paying over inflated prices! oh the stock market keeps on going up, I should def pay 300PE for Tsla stock! Oh the dogecoin is going to keep going up, buy buy buy!

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Probably the only notable improvement, not work 7k
it looks ugly
the FK8 had every panel different/modified from base so this point is moot
most people go aftermarket exhaust
the old FK8 seats were more stylish and comfortable and held you better
standard expectation for a new generation
I would say a daily improvement but a downgrade from the track compared to the contienentals, they cost the same anyways moot point.
these were standard on the FK8, i got blasted ask me how I know. This isn't something new
all of these are software features there's existing hardware to support this in the fk8 (see all wireless apple garbagio)
comes with the new universal platform that looks ugly and came at the cost of performance. this vehicle is not as nimble, fast or capible as the FK8
Factory touring stereo was garbage but I believe this is to be nicer garbage. Not worth the price
2021 fk8 MSRP price was $38,900 with destination. So its more like 5k. I've seen both cars in person. At the time the FL5 had camo but it looks better than my current fk8. I don't like the price increase but I feel everything has gone up.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
if you wanna over pay because everyone else is, your call. Don't try to justify your shitty logic.
Shitty logic as in.. what the car is worth retail?

Lol, I love it.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
The 8.99 is what gets me the most, I can get 3.24 at my bank right now. Lower than that if you do 60 months or less.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
anyone that thats that, I almost guarantee that will go in to repo.
So when you trade in your car or sell it private...

What do you base it on?
Sponsored