• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I posted this photo from Honda Pro Jason’s Instagram story today in the date poll thread that stated the reveal will happen on July 20th.

Following that I sent him a DM and he has confirmed it is the full reveal!!

So if we are to trust his word we are only weeks away!!! Hopefully more info will leak in the coming weeks!

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Full Reveal Coming July 20! EB4E69D0-E9CB-41A5-BF56-D21D9C1FA131

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Full Reveal Coming July 20! EE5E641C-0D14-435E-B7B6-6FA3D21D3A0C
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
How does he know this? There was some article that stated it should be revealed in June

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
How does he know this? There was some article that stated it should be revealed in June
I don’t get why anyone believed some random Honda exec in Australia?? No major publications picked it up, nothing from corporate Honda corroborated it… it was BS. The only legit thing we know is it will be shown in camo at Mid-Ohio.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm frustrated. How can the mid Ohio event be "sponsored by the Civic Type R" yet it's still gonna be in that stupid ass camo wrap. Grrr Honda.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'm frustrated. How can the mid Ohio event be "sponsored by the Civic Type R" yet it's still gonna be in that stupid ass camo wrap. Grrr Honda.
Hey, at least we have a possible official date. That’s something. Shoot, the fans of the upcoming GR Corolla have been dealing with rumor mill since 2019…could be worse.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Hey, at least we have a possible official date. That’s something. Shoot, the fans of the upcoming GR Corolla have been dealing with rumor mill since 2019…could be worse.
At this rate, there should be 9 variants of the GR Corolla unveiled by this time next year... with none released, of course.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
At this rate, there should be 9 variants of the GR Corolla unveiled by this time next year... with none released, of course.
I like how they keep calling the Circuit Edition a Launch Edition. Lmao. And it doesn’t come out til next year. Haha

Reactions: 007

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I like how they keep calling the Circuit Edition a Launch Edition. Lmao. And it doesn’t come out til next year. Haha
Actually nobody calls it a launch edition, at least not on the GR Corolla forums which I am a member of. I'm just cross shopping the CTR and the GRC at this point. I'm first on 3 dealer lists for a GRC, just waiting on the CTR reveal to make a decision.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Actually nobody calls it a launch edition, at least not on the GR Corolla forums which I am a member of. I'm just cross shopping the CTR and the GRC at this point. I'm first on 3 dealer lists for a GRC, just waiting on the CTR reveal to make a decision.
I was more referring to YouTubers etc… half of them were saying that during the launch.
If it was the GR Yaris, I’d be interested, too bad we only get the Corolla.

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I was more referring to YouTubers etc… half of them were saying that during the launch.
If it was the GR Yaris, I’d be interested, too bad we only get the Corolla.
I actually prefer the Corolla over the Yaris. 5 door hatch is more practical for me vs a 3 door hatch. And from a subjective point of view, I think the GR Corolla is a much better looking vehicle.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I actually prefer the Corolla over the Yaris. 5 door hatch is more practical for me vs a 3 door hatch. And from a subjective point of view, I think the GR Corolla is a much better looking vehicle.
Yeah, I totally get it. Most people want the practicality of the hatch with 5 doors, like the Type R, and looks are completely subjective.

Personally, it’s just that the Yaris was a one off homologation 3 door, built for a specific purpose, rallying, and has not only power but weight, to its advantage.

The Corolla, on the other hand, is Toyota’s way of making people happy, by finding something that can mimick the GR Yaris, but is a lot bigger and heavier. Obviously, at the end of the day, that means little to most people, but is just my personal opinion.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
^^
I thought the Yaris was pretty handsome, the Corolla isn't doing it for me though.

The GR Corolla interior looks cheap and economical with a lot of hard plastics. Despite that, I bet they price it right up there with the Type-R. It does kind of follows the Subaru mantra of being a cheap feeling car with high performance... but honestly the STi is was a better looking car IMO. I think if Subaru had followed through with the new STi, the GR wouldn't stand up well against it.

Maybe I will change my mind when I see it up close, who knows.

I've gone from being excited, to just being numb over the past year.... this is so painful, just show us the damn car already and tell us the specs and when it is expected to be in dealerships. I don't care about a flashy intro at all.
Sponsored

Last edited: