• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Considering it will most certainly end up being the same motor, with very similar horsepower, and like you said, in a chassis we already know pretty well, it does seem strange that they have stretched this out since January… it would be one thing if there was some big surprising payoff, but I don’t see anything major happening beyond a 10-15hp boost.

Like someone else posted on here earlier, this gives me EP3 to FN2 or I guess more relevant would be new Si vibes, where we will see a minimal increase, with some torque curve optimization.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I suspect it might be sorting out how to get round supply issues and emissions requirements that has been holding release up with the CTR. Either that or they haven't quite cracked the ring record yet!

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Back in 2017, didn't Honda do the Nurburgring run without the camo wrap for the FK8, like a month after the official reveal? Maybe they will attempt an official one within the next month or so, after they're feeling confident with these mock runs and once the public debut happens. If they did an official run without camo before release, there might be leaked pics everywhere taken from the spectators (unless they are banned from entering during private runs).

Last edited:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Back in 2017, didn't Honda do the Nurburgring run without the camo wrap for the FK8, like a month after the official reveal? Maybe they will attempt an official one within the next month or so, after they're feeling confident with these mock runs and once the public debut happens. If they did an official run without camo before release, there might be leaked pics everywhere taken from the spectators (unless they are banned from entering during private runs).
Didn’t Honda release teaser video clips recently of the Type R back at the Nurburgring? If so, couldn’t that possibly be from their run?

Limitr

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
5 colors available.
Crystal Black, Boost Blue, Sonic Gray, Rallye Red, Championship White.

OP
OP
Midnight-VTEC

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
5 colors available.
Crystal Black, Boost Blue, Sonic Gray, Rallye Red, Championship White.
where is this info from?

OP
OP
Midnight-VTEC

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Wicked it’s in the system now! Thanks!

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Not going to lie, I am bummed there are no other options. Honda is conservative with colours, I know, but not a single new one?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midnight-VTEC

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I am sure Canada won’t get all 5 colours at launch, the FK8 the most we got in a given year was 3. My guess is we will get White, Black and a third colour that will vary year to year.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Been a while, still got fk8 but Just put my £500 deposit down at a local dealer, now comes the lllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng wait, seeing you guys get yours first etc....

Anyway, reason for posting is note the '.../black/red' so we are going to get the black skirts, trim, diffuser, spliter, plus red pinstripping surely...and some said this would be more toned down....!

edit - no PMM either

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I am sure Canada won’t get all 5 colours at launch, the FK8 the most we got in a given year was 3. My guess is we will get White, Black and a third colour that will vary year to year.
I know you're probably right, but man I just really want to get my hands on a boost blue or sonic gray so bad haha.
Sponsored