• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Called all my nearby dealerships in hopes of striking a deal or putting down a deposit, just got put on a waitlist. Except for 2 dealerships, one wants to sit down and build (accessories) a Type R for me because they said they will not be selling it without any but promise to send my deal up so they can get an allocation for the Type R. While the other dealership said they have a Type R arriving on the 28th at 10 AM and Iā€™m the first person who called since it just popped up in their system today. They donā€™t have the VIN so Iā€™m skeptical, they told me they will send me all the information via email within the week to confirm the color, VIN and Price. Letā€™s hope itā€™s the real deal because Iā€™m hoping to get my hands on the FL5.
They told you October 28th it would arrive and not November? Haha well I hope it does! But yea, I would be extremely skeptical as well.
Sponsored

T13R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Civic SiR II
Dealer called again today asking for the color I wanted, gave them my top 2 choices. They said Honda advised them to be ready to place their order tomorrow.

I changed my mind on the color, called the salesman back to reverse my choices and he then tells me they are going to be built to orderā€¦so whatever I pick I will get.:dunno:

He then also tells me that they would be placing the orders around 1pm today (Iā€™m Eastern time). No mention of registering with Honda this time. I asked him about my place on the list (I was 3rd out of an assumed 7 allocations) and was told this time around they are able to order 3, and Iā€™m part of those 3.

Iā€™ve also been keeping an eye on a local forum. Last week one person was also called to pick their color but was not told anything about the reservation system. They were supposedly going to their dealer today (Iā€™ll check to see if they give an update). Another user was told straight up their deposit would eventually be given back and then they would have to register with Honda. And this morning someone posted that their dealer lost 2 allocations, and would be getting 4 cars total over the next 3 years. Apparently they saw the email from Honda Canada rep to the dealer.

There seems to be stuff going on in the background, still no clarity on the processā€¦

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Every ATL dealer I've contacted has had zero info or plans for the Type R. No lists, no deposits. Only one dealer responded to me asking for 15k ADM for their first spot in line. I have a connection at a Florida dealer that I'm really hoping pans out but even there they said there is no way for me to get MSRP. Just hoping they can get me 5k ADM or under.
With potential VINs being released any day now, what dealers in ATL told you they'd be based on first come first served? As soon as we hear dealers got info, I'm planning to reach out. A couple of dealers I reached out to back in the summer said they had lists, one of them being Curry Honda. They wanted 15k over.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Just FYI for everyone, was just listening to the Smoking Tire podcast that came out today and Matt Farah said the press drive they were invited to is November 9th at Sonoma with the embargo lifting November 15th, as someone previously noted. He said the car was at Road and Trackā€™s PCOTY but they were told not to post about it or talk about it on social media, lol. Discussion in podcast is at 1:04 mark.
Nice catch...

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
Dealer called again today asking for the color I wanted, gave them my top 2 choices. They said Honda advised them to be ready to place their order tomorrow.

I changed my mind on the color, called the salesman back to reverse my choices and he then tells me they are going to be built to orderā€¦so whatever I pick I will get.:dunno:

He then also tells me that they would be placing the orders around 1pm today (Iā€™m Eastern time). No mention of registering with Honda this time. I asked him about my place on the list (I was 3rd out of an assumed 7 allocations) and was told this time around they are able to order 3, and Iā€™m part of those 3.

Iā€™ve also been keeping an eye on a local forum. Last week one person was also called to pick their color but was not told anything about the reservation system. They were supposedly going to their dealer today (Iā€™ll check to see if they give an update). Another user was told straight up their deposit would eventually be given back and then they would have to register with Honda. And this morning someone posted that their dealer lost 2 allocations, and would be getting 4 cars total over the next 3 years. Apparently they saw the email from Honda Canada rep to the dealer.

There seems to be stuff going on in the background, still no clarity on the processā€¦
Thatā€™s interesting, thank you for sharing. Still silence from my dealership.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV

Interesting, hope the colour thing holds true. I would be devastated if I get one and its in a colour I dont really want.

Juniiorr914

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Wow thatā€™s great news, have to give my contact a call and see if sheā€™s heard the same thing. Iā€™m surprised no one else is confirming this with their dealerships, they said one popped up in their system today?
Supposedly, Iā€™m really skeptical about it but I gave my information and told them to email me the VIN, Color and price so I can confirm and also share the info with the forum. Hopefully it isnā€™t a mistake and is the real deal!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Supposedly, Iā€™m really skeptical about it but I gave my information and told them to email me the VIN, Color and price so I can confirm and also share the info with the forum. Hopefully it isnā€™t a mistake and is the real deal!
Where are you located? I just called my two guys on the east coast and they have not seen anything in their system yet. One said they might see things as soon as next week but he did say he didnā€™t see anything in the entire New England system if that makes any sense

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Another Montreal Canada area person here. I just got a call from my dealer today asking for my colour choices. He told me they could place orders as of this evening and pricing should be available in "a couple of weeks".

He also said I can expect to receive it "during 2023, so less than a year". But obviously take that with a big grain of salt haha.

No mention of a lottery, stripe system, or deposit directly with Honda Canada to date. I made a deposit with them back in April 2022 and they're a smaller dealership in the suburbs.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Another Montreal Canada area person here. I just got a call from my dealer today asking for my colour choices. He told me they could place orders as of this evening and pricing should be available in "a couple of weeks".

He also said I can expect to receive it "during 2023, so less than a year". But obviously take that with a big grain of salt haha.

No mention of a lottery, stripe system, or deposit directly with Honda Canada to date. I made a deposit with them back in April 2022 and they're a smaller dealership in the suburbs.
Congratulations!!! Thatā€™s awesome- love to hear that.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
With potential VINs being released any day now, what dealers in ATL told you they'd be based on first come first served? As soon as we hear dealers got info, I'm planning to reach out. A couple of dealers I reached out to back in the summer said they had lists, one of them being Curry Honda. They wanted 15k over.

Curry Honda was the only dealer that gave me anything concrete and, unfortunately as you posted, they wanted 15k over. Every other dealer I've called has basically said "We don't know anything yet" with no info on lists or ADM.

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS

So confused now haha..you would think itā€™d be the same process across Canada or hear similar things at least

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Winnipeg member here. My dealer returned my email and said nothing of any lottery, and said that they were "taking care of it" and that they were originally told 8 cars this year, but now have been told 8 cars over the 3 year run. NO return of deposit or registering with Honda Canada. Its a pretty big dealer so maybe they have their "ways" of skirting the system or something. Unfortunately I'm 5th in line so will be a very long wait.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Winnipeg member here. My dealer returned my email and said nothing of any lottery, and said that they were "taking care of it" and that they were originally told 8 cars this year, but now have been told 8 cars over the 3 year run. NO return of deposit or registering with Honda Canada. Its a pretty big dealer so maybe they have their "ways" of skirting the system or something. Unfortunately I'm 5th in line so will be a very long wait.
at least u know knw u will get one..

im in Coquitlam BC (burb of Van) and my dealer has been silent. just texted my guy this morning, hoping for good news..
Sponsored