• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bzal1122

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 -E46 M3, 2016 Tundra
First time poster here. I’ve been looking for a type r in my area ( Philadelphia/ New Jersey) for a few months now. The dealers that will sell at MSRP have lists that are very long and most of them will never get one. The ones that have stock or scheduled to get stock in my area are 10-20k over. I want a Championship White since my GSR , RSX type S, and 8th gen SI were white. What makes me mad is that the manufacturers and media claim manual transmissions don’t sell but in reality these enthusiast cars w manuals sell quickly, are marked up, and they don’t produce enough. Honda should increase production of the R and stop with the rubber band transmission versions. Even the Si has mark ups and are not easy to find. I’m curious if those of you who have bought for 10k+ are still happy after the new car feeling wears off , because I am obviously thinking about going that route, but my sensical side says HELL NO!

Last edited:

HBK1022

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 fl5
First time poster here. I’ve been looking for a type r in my area ( Philadelphia/ New Jersey) for a few months now. The dealers that will sell at MSRP have lists that are very long and most of them will never get one. The ones that have stock or scheduled to get stock in my area are 10-20k over. I want a Championship White since my GSR , RSX type S, and 8th gen SI were white. What makes me mad is that the manufacturers and media claim manual transmissions don’t sell but in reality these enthusiast cars w manuals sell quickly, are marked up, and they don’t produce enough. Honda should increase production of the R and stop with the rubber band transmission versions. Even the Si has mark ups and are not easy to find. I’m curious if those of you who have bought for 10k+ are still happy after the new car feeling wears off , because I am obviously thinking about going that route, but my sensical side says HELL NO!

do the math it’s 16 dollars per 1000 financing give or take. plus the insane amount of interest and dealer markups for fake accessories

you’re overpaying 20k on 10 essentially

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Honestly, I paid a 10k markup but they gave me a good deal on the exact accessories I wanted. No forced or overpriced accessories or packages. They were very straight with me and delivered the car straight off the truck. They also gave me a really good price on my FC3 trade in. I've wanted a type r for awhile and I knew being among the first batch I was going to pay an early adopter penalty. I'm happy. It's a pretty big upgrade from my FC3.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If I were you I would bid on the one at the Auction right now. There are less than 10 CW’s for sale in the country right now. 9 are between 10k and 30k above MSRP. If you check the thread on this website you will see that even the next wave, a lot are already Pre Sold or have Huge ADM’s. Just a humble idea as I have no idea what the guy has his reserve set to ? Or just keep plugging away and hope for the best if you really want one right now. I’m not advocating paying a huge amount of money for it ! But if can get it for less then a dealer will sell you the car for ? Then it’s a good deal for you.
I wish you the best of luck finding one.
regards

Last edited:

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Any sensible person will line up to get a car at MSRP, but the truth is you are in for a long wait for normal mass production cars, very bad for specialty cars like the FL5 Type R. If you really want one and will keep it for a very long time, the best thing to do is find the dealer with the least ADM you don't mind travelling for.

10K over for Championship White is not too bad when it's below the national crowd-sourced ADM average
https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I just got the VIN for mine. Finally.

Boost Blue. I need to think on it. Color isn't my jam.

Bzal1122

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 -E46 M3, 2016 Tundra
Any sensible person will line up to get a car at MSRP, but the truth is you are in for a long wait for normal mass production cars, very bad for specialty cars like the FL5 Type R. If you really want one and will keep it for a very long time, the best thing to do is find the dealer with the least ADM you don't mind travelling for.

10K over for Championship White is not too bad when it's below the national crowd-sourced ADM average
https://www.motoringobsession.com/stock/civic-type-r
Im used to buying cars under MSRP , but those days may be over for good now that both manufacturers and dealers have found they are maki g more money now with less volume and not throwing around incentives . I will keep the car a long time , just thinking about in the mid to high 50,s this car has some really good competition. Thanks for the link too.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Im used to buying cars under MSRP , but those days may be over for good now that both manufacturers and dealers have found they are maki g more money now with less volume and not throwing around incentives . I will keep the car a long time , just thinking about in the mid to high 50,s this car has some really good competition. Thanks for the link too.
I would definitely talk about this on another thread as this is usually where we have members help each other in figuring out allocations and ETAs but I would like to give advice as a Jersey native and hopefully get on another thread.

The market there is very difficult to find low ADM just because of how densely populated it is. If you can go out of state and find a lower price, that's a decent route. But jump on the lowest ADM possible because waiting for this car to go down in price is going to play out worse than what happened with the FK8 during its run. 400 a month for maybe 4 years, if its a normal production run, with each year having the base price go up. That's a probable 19,200ish in comparison to the 48,000ish units of the FK8. The predictions of a market crash leading to reduced prices, higher production rates, and sitting cars in dealerships that a lot of people make here or speculate are wishful thinking.

Last edited:

elbacano809

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Civic Si 2021 TLX
I would definitely talk about this on another thread as this is usually where we have members help each other in figuring out allocations and ETAs but I would like to give advice as a Jersey native and hopefully get on another thread.

The market there is very difficult to find low ADM just because of how densely populated it is. If you can go out of state and find a lower price, that's a decent route. But jump on the lowest ADM possible because waiting for this car to go down in price is going to play out worse than what happened with the FK8 during its run. 400 a month for maybe 4 years, if its a normal production run, with each year having the base price go up. That's a probable 19,200ish in comparison to the 48,000ish units of the FK8. The predictions of a market crash leading to reduced prices, higher production rates, and sitting cars in dealerships that a lot of people make here or speculate are wishful thinking.

If Honda has 20,000 orders in Japan alone since September last year like they say, then 19,200 wont even cut it. They need to increase production ASAP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Is this also for the cars for the USA ? You can still build one, on the Honda website!
have a great weekend

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I have a deposit on a blue one and am awaiting eta. I had to buy accessories to get but with the exception of the two I don't have check marks buy I would have bought anyway. The hook I had to help was I'm trading in my 2019 type r. I love that car, but since I just turned 70 figured I need the Honda Sensing. My 2019 has been my daily driver since new.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! IMG_3574