• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You don't have to do anything. The widely held belief, or the supposition on forums re paint correction, ceramic coating and/or PPF is it's something that must be done. There's also an element of social influence around these items. I don't subscribe to either. You can simply buy a car, drive it, and be happy. You don't have to run down the rabbit hole that is automotive detailing because it's an endless tunnel that can get very expensive in short order. Like everything else, do only what a) you're comfortable doing; b) what works for your situation.
Agreed and if you decide to do it at some point its something that really can be done at any time.
Sponsored

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Just one more point about properly correcting then protecting your paint. Aside from the protection benefits, there is a fairly substantial advantage when it comes to maintaining your car's exterior as well. It is so much easier to wash and dry a properly corrected/coated car versus one having no such protection due to the hydrophobic properties the surface possesses.

And I am most definitely in the camp that believes all newly-delivered cars require proper paint corrections. Some are worse than others, but I haven't owned one yet that didn't require correction.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
This is a good video to watch. My car is a keeper (I assume most FL5s are), so I had the works done on it. Paint correction, PPF, and layers of ceramic coating applied. Pretty much everything that was done in this video - almost exactly the same process. And my detailer also commented on how it was one of the worst cars he'd seen in terms of iron deposits and paint "dirtiness". It took a week to have it done properly, but it was worth it to me. It just looks like it's on another level, and photos don't do it justice. Honda doesn't do much to protect these cars during shipping. If you can afford it, do it.

Raiti's video here explaining and showing the process:

I only took one phone photo of my car when I got it home from the detailer, and I will do better ones soon. But you can hopefully see how good it looks.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! IMG_2182

Last edited:

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
This is a good video to watch. My car is a keeper (I assume most FL5s are), so I had the works done on it. Paint correction, PPF, and layers of ceramic coating applied. Pretty much everything that was done in this video - almost exactly the same process. And my detailer also commented on how it was one of the worst cars he'd seen in terms of iron deposits and paint "dirtiness". It took a week to have it done properly, but it was worth it to me. It just looks like it's on another level, and photos don't do it justice. Honda doesn't do much to protect these cars during shipping. If you can afford it, do it.

Raiti's video here explaining and showing the process:

I only took one phone photo of my car when I got it home from the detailer, and I will do better ones soon. But you can hopefully see how good it looks.

IMG_2182.jpeg
That's amazing, it went from white in the video to red after it was corrected!!!!! hah

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I think thats all going to Japan market. I suspect 2.5k to US each year.
I'm not saying you're wrong, because I rarely trust what others put on the internet - but the translation put the 10K/year figure for North America

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Also looking for translation on this. Appears to be double allocations for remaining FY23 in comparison to FY22
well... i'm confused because i didn't think there were any allocations of FK8 at the end of 2022? I remember going to the dealers in july/aug OF 2022 for the FL5, and all they had were used FK8s then. Anyone here able to clarify? Thanks!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Also looking for translation on this. Appears to be double allocations for remaining FY23 in comparison to FY22
This chart would also imply that there are currently 6k units in the US but VIN numbers aren't even north of 2200 right now....

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
This chart would also imply that there are currently 6k units in the US but VIN numbers aren't even north of 2200 right now....
North America in whole, not just US. I agree something doesn't add up, but the overall number plates have jumped past 10K so the total figure is actually spot on. Maybe something is off with respect to the timing?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah. Production timing vs shipping timing are two very different things. That’s probably the discrepancy.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
North America in whole, not just US. I agree something doesn't add up, but the overall number plates have jumped past 10K so the total figure is actually spot on. Maybe something is off with respect to the timing?
It's just not accurate, there might be 6k units worldwide right now......what's the highest # seen in pictures so far?
Sponsored