• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

90's Kid Dream Build

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2023 Civic Type R
Does indeed look nice and clean. So you just cut to length of each rubber hose, slipped it through and used OEM clamps?
Yup; they come with these heatshrink too that you need to use at the end to help hold the sleeve in place; You don't sleeve the hose all the way to the end; you leave about 1/2 inch or so short so the heatshrink can shrink to the end of the hose (Helps reduce the diameter of the hoses so the OEM Clamps can slide over)

I had intentions of using Gates Power Grip heatshrink clamps (But those are like 4-6 dollars a piece and one time use only) figure I'd stick to the oem clamps which don't look as nice but I can re-use over and over; plus this was very time consuming and after a while you just want it done lol.
Sponsored

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Yup; they come with these heatshrink too that you need to use at the end to help hold the sleeve in place; You don't sleeve the hose all the way to the end; you leave about 1/2 inch or so short so the heatshrink can shrink to the end of the hose (Helps reduce the diameter of the hoses so the OEM Clamps can slide over)

I had intentions of using Gates Power Grip heatshrink clamps (But those are like 4-6 dollars a piece and one time use only) figure I'd stick to the oem clamps which don't look as nice but I can re-use over and over; plus this was very time consuming and after a while you just want it done lol.
Thank you. Gonna order it and do the same. Hopefully this will help next track season.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Were you required to trim the factory wheel studs in order to avoid contact with the OEM wheel?

Also, how has the BONOSS been treating you?

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you required to trim the factory wheel studs in order to avoid contact with the OEM wheel?

Also, how has the BONOSS been treating you?
no trimming; OEM wheels fit on perfect. BONOSS has been doing well; I got the 7075 aluminum version. It’s super strong. I would track these and trust them. I was concern at first but the quality is super high and so far no issues. Torque them to 94-95ft lbs along with the wheels.

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Newest mod; APR front cooling plate; a few things to note; it seems you’d require longer retainer plastic thingy; the OEM ones work but it’s tight. I plan to throw some custom titanium hardware on it when the time comes. For now it’ll work.

I’m not a big fan of the cover sitting on top of the intake rubber on the right hand side; it may interfere with aftermarket air intakes. I intend to pick up the GruppeM intake in the future and may end up cutting the Apr plate if required. For now it looks nice.

11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_1420

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
I've been on the forums peeping around for a while and finally getting to posting my adventures on here,

I want to share my journey and review some of the mod's I've done so far. I do all my own work, oil changes, installs ect.

The first thing I done was get a full ceramic coating!
image7(1).jpeg

PRL Intercooler was the first hard-mod; the bumper on the FL5 was not hard to remove which is nice since I've worked on a FK8 and that was just horrid to remove; The intercooler upgrade is just massive and screams race car lol; I'm still waiting for PRL to release their charge pipe kit.

image6(1).jpeg

TSP High flow catted downpipe was the next mod I did; along with the PRL drop in air filter. The down-pipe was the most noticeable in power gains on the butt dyno; I always recommend getting rid of the OEM studs and bolts and go with RAMPAGE titanium replacement kit (At least have it handy in the event you break a stud/bolt during removal)

image0.jpeg

I love the look of the FL5 OEM wheel but hated the tuck it had; +15mm Bonoss 7075 Forge spacers were the next thing to bolt on; I have yet to find a wheel I like so for now the OEM wheels will do.

image4(1).jpeg

When PRL release their titanium inlet kit; I jumped on it right away and also ordered P2R thermal gasket and more titanium hardware.

image02.jpeg

Ended up painting the valve cover; I wanted the Spoon yellow but could not justify the price for paint and the Spoon yellow was just trending too much; everyone was doing it and it didn't feel unique to me so I opt for a nice candy red look. Installed with new OEM gasket because the old one stretch and leaked when I removed it. Opt in for some Chasing JS valve cover bolts; these bolts just look beautiful.

1695431362510.jpeg

The exhaust was too quiet; so PRL Front pipe installed with Hasport 70A rear motor mount; At first I thought the vibration would be bad with the 70A bushings but, it feels like OEM to me, a tad more vibrations but nothing extreme.

1695431503133.jpeg

To make the car more alive I opt in for the Apexi N1 catback; I want to retain the OEM exhaust valve since I hate drone; This catback hits all the right notes; quiet when daily driving and gets loud when your on the throttle.

image5(1).jpeg

-- Lately I've been focusing on dressing up the engine bay and; did the radium full setup; Coolant tank & catch cans; Chasing JS caps .. ect.
image2(1).jpeg

The two things I have yet to install; Sirimoto clutch damper delete and my Spoon FL5 lowering springs; I haven't found time yet, maybe tomorrow if I'm up for the task.

image2(1)2.jpeg

Current future things I want to do is the RV6 drop in turbo upgrade and DW High pressure pump, DW in-tank fuel pump, upgraded injectors ect; My goal is to get to 500whp and be happy with it.

image3(2).jpeg
Nice build! The Radium Coolant Tank and PRL Titanium Inlet are my next for mine in the near future

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New goodies collecting up for Spring install. Waiting to pull the trigger on turbo upgrades and fuel system, still unsure if I want Hondata or XDi route. Been looking at the MHI turbo and RV660 and trying to decide which would fit my needs more.

11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_1561

Still unsure about the wiper delete; but have it on hand just in case I want to eliminate the rear wiper. I don’t use it as often but it is convenient now and then.

11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_1562

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
New goodies collecting up for Spring install. Waiting to pull the trigger on turbo upgrades and fuel system, still unsure if I want Hondata or XDi route. Been looking at the MHI turbo and RV660 and trying to decide which would fit my needs more.
I have the MHI, it feels a bit laggy sometimes at the track but good for the street.

I think I would try the rv660 if I could go back in time

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleted the clutch damper; clutch pedal got harder just a bit and now clutch releases and engage feels more controlled like how I’m used to.
11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_2173

Went ahead and did Acuity Reverse flow hoses while I was at it; PRL intake and Charge pipes also installed.

11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_2185

11th Gen Honda Civic 90's Kid Dream Build IMG_2184

more to come as I progress slowly; really thinking about Hasport motor mounts next but really considering new wheels or a front lip first.

OP
OP
TunerR1

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How you liking the spoon springs?
love them; not too entirely low like the swift or other springs; sits just right; soften up the ride just enough but not too far from OEM feel. I wouldn’t have it another way.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
love them; not too entirely low like the swift or other springs; sits just right; soften up the ride just enough but not too far from OEM feel. I wouldn’t have it another way.
How does it soften up the ride? Isn’t the sprint rate higher than OEM?
Sponsored