• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Type S... Dissapointing

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
Hey guys, new guy here!
I just drove the new Type S... And a quick breakdown IMO

1. The seats sucked, i'm 6'1 165lbs, didn't hug me what so ever.
2. Didn't feel special
3. body gaps were awful.
4. the stick on fenders looked worse than photos!
5. Handled great, very little body roll
6. Didn't feel super quick, but i'm use to faster cars. I'm sure with a tune they really come alive

Overall, not too impressed.. I have a $1000 deposit on a Type R i'm going to get or possibly turn down tomorrow.. I'm crossing my fingers i like it more than the Acura!

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Type S... Dissapointing IMG_8546

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Type S... Dissapointing IMG_8539

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Type S... Dissapointing IMG_8540

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Type S... Dissapointing IMG_8538

11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Type S... Dissapointing IMG_8544
Sponsored

OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
Also, to turn off the rev matching feature... Once you do it once, it saves that setting so you don't have to do it every time you get in correct? Thanks guys :)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
On CTR? Yes, it saves the setting.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
people love to point out "aweful panel gaps" and point to the area where the quarter panel/bumper meet.. but the same has been observed with FL5.. i guess it's a tricky area?
how did you like the shifter feel?

OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
I haven't even see a FL5 in person yet.. We will see tomorrow.
the shifter felt great.. Wasn't much different than the 992 GT3 I have.. very precise, possibly shorter throws than the GT3.. it's very similar.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Hey guys, new guy here!

2. Didn't feel special
3. body gaps were awful.
6. Didn't feel super quick, but i'm use to faster cars. I'm sure with a tune they really come alive

Overall, not too impressed.. I have a $1000 deposit on a Type R i'm going to get or possibly turn down tomorrow.. I'm crossing my fingers i like it more than the Acura!

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8540.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg
It's definitely a street friendlier car with the Type R being a little closer to "track ready". My only problem with it is the lack of heritage or homage to the past Integras. But then again, it'd be similar to the homages done in the CTR so it wouldn't make sense. I know many wanted it to be a coupe instead but that would just complicate manufacturing and make the car even more expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jayely14

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
Also, without creating a new thread.. Is there any specific parts of the car that need PPF right away? I thought I read right behind the fender vents needs it but can't seem to find that topic now.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
people love to point out "aweful panel gaps" and point to the area where the quarter panel/bumper meet.. but the same has been observed with FL5.. i guess it's a tricky area?
how did you like the shifter feel?
The manufacturing process of large plastic parts (like bumpers) is definitely not as precise as metal stamping, so matching the seams (between metal and plastic) can indeed be tricky. Still…I would expect a bit better fit on an Acura. I bet a lot of it can be cured with a little bit of refitting by a competent body shop.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Also, without creating a new thread.. Is there any specific parts of the car that need PPF right away? I thought I read right behind the fender vents needs it but can't seem to find that topic now.
No. The area behind the vents don’t need ppf immediately. Yes, very small rocks and dirt can get thru, but I very highly doubt it would chip the paint. Unless you plan to track the car immediately, it’ll be fine. Note, the better solution is to get the vent grills/guards.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Hey guys, new guy here!

2. Didn't feel special
3. body gaps were awful.

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8540.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg
It’s great you got to test drive the Integra Type S! I’m considering a trip to an Acura dealer for a test drive.

Context matters. Since you’re used to faster vehicles, then I understand some of your disappointment with the Type S. A s you know, a Porsche and Integra are two totally different categories of performance, price. In fairness, it may be helpful to set your expectations accordingly.

As for the panel gaps, it’s been that way since production of the 10th Generation Civic. I’m not sure why, but it’s a Honda trend as of late.

Civic Type R will offer more performance inspired seating, but output will slightly chase Type S based on reviews. Either way, I hope you find enjoyment!

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Hey guys, new guy here!

2. Didn't feel special
3. body gaps were awful.

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8540.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg
Have you driven the FL5? Just wondering cause I'm not sure if it would feel faster. What did you think?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Go ahead and get your deposit back on the CTR and don't waste your time entertaining because you won't like that one either. If you're benchmarking these cars against Porsche GT cars, these vehicles don't stand a chance, and frankly, it's nonsensical.

Last edited:

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
On the FL5, I would PPF the black side skirts, they get scratched up pretty quickly. Also would do the front half and replace the rear door factory PPF with pieces that are slightly larger.
Sponsored