• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone Done Horns Yet?

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
So the stock horn is dog shit as everyone knows and I’m really interested in upgrading it because, in my experience, Washington State has some of the worst drivers on earth.

I feel like the options are the following:

1) plug and play with something like the Accord units which I’ve seen some info on (seems east enough but I’d rather go a bit further if I’m going to do it)

2) adapters from College Hills Honda and then install something basic not requiring a relay (least interested in this option)

3) get the adapters then install some Hellas with the relay (I really want to go this route and would love if I could mount the grill horn to peek out a bit, but I’m a novice when it comes to wiring)

I’ve read a bunch of people say the relay isn’t necessary, but I’d rather not have electrical issues down the line. Any advise or insights would be appreciated.
Ro the Installer on Youtube has a good video. I upgraded following his video and it came out great !
Sponsored

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Ro the Installer on Youtube has a good video. I upgraded following his video and it came out great !
Can you link this? Couldn't find it by that name.

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
Not quite savvy enough yet to do that....sorry. I just typed in Honda Civic horn installation upgrade and it popped up second. Ro the Installer

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Not quite savvy enough yet to do that....sorry. I just typed in Honda Civic horn installation upgrade and it popped up second. Ro the Installer
Found it thank you.

Reactions: BCP

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
You can access the lower horn without removing the bumper but the upper horn behind the grill will need to have the bumper removed ... unfortunately :banghead:

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
You can access the lower horn without removing the bumper but the upper horn behind the grill will need to have the bumper removed ... unfortunately :banghead:
Yeah all good. I took it off on my Si and wasn’t too bad. I have some ideas I may go for with the emblems and I want to try and get the stock one off without busting it too.

Reactions: BCP

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
Yeah all good. I took it off on my Si and wasn’t too bad. I have some ideas I may go for with the emblems and I want to try and get the stock one off without busting it too.
Took mine off with fishing line. easy peasy...no time at all.

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
10th gen here...
The College Hills single Wolo horn upgrade kit was a great purchase.
The Wolo isn't necessarily louder, just the tone is better.
I like it better than either of those Euro horns that Dream (civictyperparts..) sells.

My car is set to honk when I lock it and the stock 10th gen horn was annoying AF.

The new Wolo is much less likely to make someone want to punch you in the face if they are walking their shopping cart past your car when you lock it. That said, if you are looking for that experience... you could always go Hella's ... ;-)
Looking at a set of wolo horns, each is 5 amps. You think the 10th gen 2017 civic horn wiring can handle the 10 amp draw for the two horns?

Found this adapter splitter which should work. Or is a relay needed?
ali express harness splitter for cicic

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I installed the Honda Euro Horn kit and it's so much better, as it should have been from the factory on the R.

mpower

First Name
Y. W. Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FD2
I have the JDM Euro Horns installed on my FL5.. made a huge difference in output and sound Output a bit better than the Accord Horns IMO. :coffee:
Do you have any installation manual or pics? Do we have to relocate the horns positions? I saw brackets given.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
I don't not have any instructions but I can post up a few pictures here in a couple of days when I pull the bumper off to show you the mounding and bracket locations :thumbsup:

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
I did some Amazon horns. Much louder. Fraction of the cost Did have to make the mounting hole a little bigger on the horn adapter and had to get a 2 horn adaptor but easy as pie

11th Gen Honda Civic Anyone Done Horns Yet? IMG_7711

11th Gen Honda Civic Anyone Done Horns Yet? IMG_7712

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I upgraded to the Euro Horn on my 23 Sport Touring, not sure if horn placement is any different compared to the Type R, but I used this video as a guide and didn't even need to remove the bumper.

Sponsored