• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto option on 2023 Si? (i know i know)

Illuvium

First Name
dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
Hello all

Old battered dude here cant drive manual anymore....REALLY want the new Si. Any chance of a auto option coming in 23? Weird as honda website updated civics for 23 minus the Si. And the R is getting an Auto for 23. Sooo hoping the Si does as well. Anybody got an ideas on this?

thanks!
Sponsored

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Theres no confirmation that the new 2023 Type R is getting an automatic yet. But the good news for you is the new Acura Integra is basically the Civic Si with a few bonus amenities and have an automatic transmission.

OP
OP

Illuvium

First Name
dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
Oh I heard some confirmation from honda that R got the auto..maybe it wasnt official.

yeah looking at integra but dont like front end as much and i know the sound pumped in on Si but i NEED some sound and it's muted and boring in integra..i'm impossible.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Auto Type R is just a rumor for now. Maybe it's true, who knows? But there's no official confirmation yet.
I don't think the Si will be getting AT option tho. It's all about driving experience so imo it will be the last Honda to come with 6MT.
Integra's CVT should work with the Si without too much trouble, but that would destroy the warranty lol

OP
OP

Illuvium

First Name
dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
Yeah ugh so annoying....might have to do elantra n or suck it up and pay for the R if it comes out with Auto..i'd like to go Honda GTI has been shit on reliability.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Hello all

Old battered dude here cant drive manual anymore....REALLY want the new Si. Any chance of a auto option coming in 23? Weird as honda website updated civics for 23 minus the Si. And the R is getting an Auto for 23. Sooo hoping the Si does as well. Anybody got an ideas on this?

thanks!
Get an Integra with CVT.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Never will Honda make an automatic transmission for a SI or Type-R in the near future ,i work for Honda and if Honda was thinking of making a automatic transmision it would of been a DTC like they had on the TLX (8 Speed DTC) but Honda removed theyre DTC from the market ..

they are keeping the SI and Type-R 6 Speed so we can still have some fun

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Never will Honda make an automatic transmission for a SI or Type-R in the near future ,i work for Honda and if Honda was thinking of making a automatic transmision it would of been a DTC like they had on the TLX (8 Speed DTC) but Honda removed theyre DTC from the market ..

they are keeping the SI and Type-R 6 Speed so we can still have some fun
Honda probably thought the CVT would work better for mass production passenger cars.
Auto Si will naturally come with the same CVT that's in the Integra. There's no need to develop new DCT for one car.
But I agree. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. I mean, they'd need to go auto when the electrification hits but definitely not with the ICE.

I think they might actually consider Auto for the Type R tho.
ONLY if it makes the car go faster, even with the added weight.
K20C1 would have been way too much for the 8DCT so they'd go for something new anyway.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I’m a Honda guy at heart but that Elantra N is worth the money over the si and R.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
A Civic sedan or hatch with a tune is going to be close to the power level of the Si, easy and cheap mod, you can add some swift springs if you want a stiffer suspension.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
A Civic sedan or hatch with a tune is going to be close to the power level of the Si, easy and cheap mod, you can add some swift springs if you want a stiffer suspension.
I came from a 10th gen si sedan into a 2022 civic ex and the new chassis is just as planted if not better than the si without the harsher ride quality. It’s missing the power from the si but as you said, a tune will fix that.

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
Depending on the features that matter to you an Integra might be an option. Since you're not looking for a manual you're not boxed into the most expensive trim. Hondata did a chassis dyno run of the Integra and got 236 HP to the hub dyno for a baseline.

Just a thought. Coming as a lifetime manual driver that switched for a number of reasons the CVT isn't total garbage.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Yeah, the Si does have an auto option. It’s called the Acura Integra. 👍

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Honda has no plans to have either Si or CTR with auto. Your best bet is to either dress up the Civic Touring or buy the Integra if you want auto

Or learn how to drive 6MT
Sponsored