• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup Camera Glare

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Anyone have issues with glare with the backup camera at night? coming from a 2021 tacoma, the civic is much harder to see when reversing. I think the LED license plate bulb is too bright causing a glare. Any solutions to this?
Sponsored

ayospoonay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 PWP Si
Sorry a little off topic but is there a way for the camera to stay on for a little after leaving reverse?

-Josh

Don't think these cars can be coded like VWs for that to happen. Once you're out of reverse gear the camera goes out.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
looks like rockauto sells regular halogen bulbs that fit. Philips 921. i think the LED is too bright. i also read LED bulbs can cause some electrical interference leading to a fuzzy image with backup camera. the bulbs are $0.35 each so i'll just try to find one at the store so i don't have to pay shipping.

Last edited:

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I recently had some glare on my rear view camera, but turned out the camera lens was dirty. Cleaned it with a microfiber cloth and everything is fine now.

I haven't found the license plate LED to be too bright when in reverse, but I also installed very bright LED reverse lights that seem to slightly improve the poor image from the rear camera.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
i'll try cleaning the lens again. might add a ceramic coating to it to help water bead off.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If your backup camera is messed up, take it in to the dealer and they will most likely replace it under warranty. I had my backup camera replaced already for blurry output and this isn't the first recent Civic that I had to have it done on.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
it's brand new. just got it a couple weeks ago and noticed this the first time i used it at nighttime. i was hoping there was some piece of plastic still left on the camera to protect it during shipping but nothing that I could see. Looks fine in the daylight.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
The question is how long did it sit on the lot before you got it? If it was a while then water spots could have burnt into the lens.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
it was built in August 2023 and i bought it in October. The dealership kept their Si's on the showroom floor so it wasn't even stored outdoors.
Sponsored